Facing The Memories And The Future

• Dedicated to Rachael Doherty

Copyright © 2012 Danielle Moynihan

All rights reserved 

Chapter 3

*****Caden's POV*****

I walked off the Dartford Crossing, and looked around for everyone. Rynia....Blaze.....Adare with Zach.....Raina.....Ryle....wait. Where was Althaia?

Inwardly, I groaned. I looked around casually. There was a figure on the bridge, her platinum-blond hair whipping in the heavy wind. Althaia.

I walked back up the bridge, and, as I watched Althaia, there were two figures behind her. A boy with sandy blond hair, and a girl with pitch-black hair. 

Althaia, oblivious to who -or what- was behind her, began to walk away, but dropped something. A notebook?

She bent to pick it up, and the boy's mouth moved. Althaia froze, and turned to face them. The girl grinned, and the boy...No. His name is Asher.... Asher shoved something into Althaia's arm, and she crumpled to the ground. 

With that, even thought it was virtually suicide, I walked towards the boy....Asher....and the girl....Ash. Twins. My older siblings.

Ash smiled, and Asher stared uncomprehendingly at me. I came to a stop in front of them, and glared at them.

Finally, Ash broke the silence. "Caden, it's great to see you again."

"What did you do to my sister?" I asked.

 "Nothing. She's standing beside me," Asher pointed to Ash.

I laughed. "I think you've forgotten-she's your sister. She's not mine. My sister is lying on the ground, and I want to know what you-you-you monsters ," My voice shook with rage, my fists clenched so tightly my nails were drawing blood in my palm. "Have done to Althaia."

Asher sighed, rolling his jade eyes. "Okay."

I felt a slight jab in my arm, and saw Ash injecting me with something.

"See you later, Caden." 

My eyelids felt heavy, and the last thing I saw was Ash's malicious grey eyes.

********Asher's POV********

I watched as Caden hit the ground, just as Althaia had.

"Do you think they know?" I asked Ash.

"Nah," Ash shook her head. "Mom and Dad hid way too much from us. Maybe if we'd known..." 

I felt a slight breeze, and Shayde was standing beside me, arms crossed. 

"So, these are the great Althaia and Caden?" She asked, her voice sceptical. "They don't look like much."

"Trust me." Ash said. "Looks are very deciving. We look human, but are we? No." Ash answered her own question.

"Do you think they can fulfill the prophecy?" 

I nodded. "Are you underestimating the Power?"

"No. Just Fate's choice." Shayde's voice was cold.

"C'mon, we have to keep going." Ash said, and we dragged my sisters' limp bodies into the van and speed away.

==============================================================================

Ok, I just wanted to clear something up, in case you're confused.

Althaia is pronounced : "al THAY uh"

Caden is pronounced: "Kay--den"

Adare is pronounced: "uh DARE"

Raina is pronounced: "rain---a (short a)"

Rynia is pronounced: "Ryan--- a (short a)" (Ry--ann--a)

Ryle is pronounced: "rye- el"     (Ryle rhymes with while)