Ch 4: Raining Cats

I'm not sure exactly when I finally fell asleep but it was definitely late when I did. Or should i say early? The alarm on my phone startled me awake and i hurriedly shut off the annoying chime. With a yawn, I stood stretching running my hands through my hair. My fingers came back feeling slightly greasy so i decided to take a quick shower. Someone was pounding on my front door when i finally step out of the bathroom and i rushidly pulled on my robe before opening the door.

"Nice place you got here, decent neighborhood. Although real poor security, it took me like three seconds to get the pass code for the stairwell."

"Wrench?!"

"The one and only." He said with a mock bow.

"It's not even eleven, i thought we were going to meet up at noon." I murmured, self consciously grabbing a hold of the edge of my robe and pulling it tighter around me. I paused, "Wait, did you actually follow me home last night!?"

"No, that would just be weird." He brushed past me inviting himself in. "I put a tracker on your phone and traced the signal here." He replied before nonchalantly sprawling himself across my couch.

"Oh yeah, that's so less weird." I said shutting the door.

"Hey, at least if you ever get kidnapped i'll know where to find you." he said. "Then i can bust in and heroically save you...again."

"Not after i disable it and you sooo did not save me." I rolled my eyes. "And get your feet of my couch." I hissed swatting his leg until he moved his mud covered shoes off my furniture.

"Can't disable it, it's coded into the DedSec app. You'll have to delete the app or some pretty intense coding to disable it." I could basically hear the smirk in his voice.

"Whatever, why are you here." I sighed. I wasn't going to let that go though. DedSec may be my friends and allies but they didn't need to know where I was 24/7.

"I was hungry." he shrugged stretching, his hands under his head. I saw the way his legs twitched as though he was thinking about putting them up on the coffee table. I shot him a glare, crossing my arms over my chest as i stared down at him. He seemed to think twice about it. "But i wanted to keep our date soooo i figured we'd grab something to eat first."

"You could have texted me instead of barging into my apartment." i stated.

"You didn't answer any of my text from yesterday." He said raising his hands in defense. "Besides what the fun in that?"

"Fine, give me a minute to change." i muttered walking into my room.

"Why you don't want to go like that?" he yelled after me and I flipped him off as i turned to shut and lock my door.

I could still hear him laughing as I grabbed the last set of clothes out of my suitcase. I'd been in San Francisco for over a week and still hadn't had the effort to put my clothes away into the dresser yet. Instead the majority of them were laying on the floor in pile at the end of my bed needing to be washed. Which was something i was also to lazy to do yet.

"That was longer than a minute." he complained as i walked out still drying my hair with the towel.

"Oh, i'm so sorry." i cooed.

"You should be-" he sat up startling the gray cat that had been walking along the backside of the couch. Soviet slipped landing almost directly onto Wrench's chest. "What the shit!" Honestly, i can't tell which one was more spooked. Soviet took off across the room running into the kitchen to hide and Wrench more or less fell off the couch landing face first on the floor. I couldn't contain my laughter and had to lean back against the wall to keep my balance. Even so i slid down the wall, until i was sitting on the floor laughing.