Lunch

*Peggy's POV*

I couldn't lie, I hated school. It was the one time my sisters and I weren't together, and that was hard on me. But I liked it sometimes.

Today, not being one of those times.

I went through my day, collecting all the papers and forms that are always given on the first day.

I looked at the clock and noticed it was 11:15, which means lunch would be starting and I could see my sisters.

"Angelica!" I called out as I saw her pass me in the hallway, but she didn't even bother to turn.

I walk into the lunch room, looking for my sisters. When I find them, I start walking towards the table where I see Eliza waving so I could find her.

"Hey I-" I said before I was cut off by some boy who sat where I was gonna sit. I noticed Eliza smile, this must be the boy she's always talking about.

I sighed and sat at a table in the corner alone, picking at my lunch.

*Eliza's POV*

Finally... it's time for lunch. I head to my usual table after I grab a salad.

As usual, I look around, trying to catch Alexander's eye. I hope he'll come sit with my friends and I for lunch today.

I look down at my things and I pull out my planner, going over all the classes I had prior to lunch.

English... Math.... History....

I'm going to have hours of homework tonight. Maybe Alexander would like to come over and study with me. I smile at the thought and I see him. I wave and signal to him to sit in the available seat next to me, and immediately started talking to him about school.

"Hey, Alexander.." I say shyly "would you like to come to my house tonight and study with me?" 

He looks at me with an unreadable expression. "What time should I arrive?"

"6:30 would work out fine" I smile looking at him.

Lunch goes on as usual, I ate my salad and continue conversation for the remaining time.

*Angelica's POV*

I sit next to Eliza as usual and I notice that she's talking to Alexander. She always goes on about him.

When I heard that he'd be coming over, I smiled and whispered in my sisters ear.

"Wow, look at you, taking the first step!" We exchange smiles and I continue to look around the cafeteria.

I notice that Peggy isn't at the table. I think for a second then shrug it off.

I make small talk with some of my friends from book club, and some of Alex's friends join the table.

Marquis de Lafayette has always caught my eyes. He's a foreign exchange student from France, and his accent just completes it.

France. Paris. The city of love..

"No, Angelica, no. There's no time for boys." I think to myself.

I need to focus on school. That's what's important.

I look up to ask Eliza a question, but find my eyes meeting with Lafayette's.

I blush and we strike up a conversation and walk to our next class together.