Red

*Peggy's POV*

While Eliza was studying with Alexander, and Angelica was helping our mother, I decided to do some online shopping.

I need to find away to make myself noticeable, to make myself seen.

What if it's you, but not really you.. change the look up...

I decided that in school, I would no longer be Peggy Schuyler, the forgotten Schuyler sister.

I mean, yeah, I would show up wearing yellow, and go home wearing yellow, but in school, a transformation was going to take place.

As Alexander left our home, Eliza made her away over to me.

I hoped she didn't see what I was shopping for.

"Red? You never liked red clothing. You said it wasn't your color.." I hear my big sister say from behind my shoulder.

I jumped in complete fear and shock.

I wish I didn't have to lie, but a lie slipped out.

"Oh! It's just for dance!" I managed to spit out, my heart pounding.

That seemed to do the trick. She nodded and left the room. I let out a sigh of relief and continued to shop.

In the end, I ended up buying red converse, some red shirts, a few dresses, shorts, and pants.

I wouldn't say I'm proud of what I'll do as the girl in the red attire, but I know I can't be in the shadows any longer.

*few hours later*

Today was Tuesday. On Tuesday's, Thursday's, Saturday's and Sunday's, I have dance.

I train in most everything, but ballet is my favorite and I'm excited that today's lesson will be ballet.

After about 3 hours, it's time to go home.

Being the youngest, I don't drive, so I'm stuck relying on my sisters or parents to pick me up.

Dad is out of town on a conference, so he can't...

Mom is probably busy with things around the house...

Angelica is probably prepping for school and life tomorrow..

Eliza? Yeah! I'll call her.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and called Eliza.

P: hey. I'm done at dance, can you come get me?
E: Of course I'll pick you up! I'm leaving now!
P: Thanks, you're the best, Liza.
E: Aww, Pegs💙

I smiled and waited for Eliza to arrive.

As I waited, I started to think of names to call my alter ego, if you will.

I looked down to see what song was playing, and it was a song by Mariah Carry.

That's it!

Mariah. Only, I'd spell it M-A-R-I-A. The H was just extra.

Okay... Maria. Red. Last name...

I sat and thought as Eliza pulled up. I walked to the car and sat in the seat.

"Reynolds." I said under my breath, or so I thought.

"Hm? Reynolds? Who's that?" Eliza asked looking at me.

I jumped yet again and didn't know what to say.

"Oh. Just a new dancer."

I lied, again.

She looked at me and nodded hesitantly.

"Peggy..." she started, but quickly stopped when I looked back up at her.

"I'm really tired, Liza. Can we just go home?" I asked. She nodded and like that, we were on our way back home.