The Truth

We Were Best Friends…

Chapter Eight

The Truth

------------------------------------------

I looked at Hanna as her hand pulled away from my forehead. She seemed calm, almost, but, on the inside, I was the exact opposite. In the end, shock and curiosity took over.

                “What power?”

                Hanna blinked. “Riley….Remember when we were kids and we were able to figure out when a wind was coming, and we always blew our breath out right with it?”

                I nodded. “I remember.”

                “That wasn’t actually the wind. The wind was mimicking our breath. It seems crazy, but it’s true. Tina and Hal and-“

                “Who’s Hal?” I asked, staring intently at her. “Was it that guy that came in here?”

                “Riley, I think we should get back on topic. I need you to stay away from the other organization.”

                “What, why?” I shouted, shooting her a glare. “My friends are there, they’ve acted like my family for six years!”

                Hanna sighed. “Riley…..I’m not the only one with powers.”

                “What do you mean? What are you talking about!?”

                Biting her lip, Hanna moved her hand to my forehead again. As she touched it, I fell back into the grayish, dream-like memory.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

                “So, I have the power to control a world?” Hanna asked, as if she didn’t believe them.

                “Well, not just any world,” an older man said, about in his mid-thirties. “You control the world you came from. Well, you and another girl. You had the power of the earth and sea at your hands. If you wanted, you could’ve beaten the shit out of that man if you were in your own world. That’s where all your strength is. But, as soon as you become stronger, you can control other worlds just like your own.”

                But, Hanna wasn’t listening to that. “There’s another girl who shares my powers. I don’t believe it.”

                “Hanna? Are you alright?”

                “No! I’m not fucking alright! I feel weak and powerless here. I don’t know anyone! I have nobody! And I have a power that I’ve never heard of, which is quite a surprise since I’ve lived with it all my life! How the fuck do you think I’m taking it!?” She threw the nearest object to the ground, which was the table in front of her, the kind that looks like those from hidden cameras during interrogations with the police and suspects.

                The man only blinked. “Hanna, you must accept it and learn to take control of your anger. You might end up hurting someone, most likely yourself if you keep this up. We’ve got to get control of your powers, and anger will only worsen the process.”

                Hanna looked up. “Hal….. Who’s the other girl? The one that shares this power with me?”

                Hal breathed deeply. “That is classified information.”