Chapter 6 - Reviving Memories

I'll Be Okay crossed a hundred reads, yayy! :D I know it's nothing compared to the millions of reads some books have, but it means a lot to me! Thank you so much for all the support you guys have been giving me! And do check out my other book, Heart Of Masks. Would really appreciate it if you do! Thanks again!

Love you guys!

Mugdha Mittal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The girls were silent on their way home.

"How on earth did you do that?!" Astrid finally asked, unable to contain herself anymore.

"I don't know. Maybe his chair really was lucky for him. Or maybe it was just by chance. Besides, I've learn karate when I was a kid."

"Or perhaps he started liking you and decided to let you win. And when did you learn karate?"

"I doubt he'd do that. That would hurt his ego. Come on, why would he like me? And karate, well, around four-five years back maybe?"

"Oh, I see. You're young, beautiful, challenging. He has every reason to like you!"

"Well, that's his problem then. I'm just glad he didn't break my hand."

"God, Kimaya you defeated JAKE!! YOU did that!!"

"Yeah, I did."

"I don't believe this."

"In one way, neither do I. Now can we please leave this topic alone? I'm tired of people asking me about it."

Truly, a lot of people had paused Kimaya on her way out of the club, and asked her about her victory over Jake. Kimaya didn't care. For all she knew, it was just a matter of the minute. It was only by chance that she had won. Or maybe, you know, the physics stuff. The lesser the surface area, the more the pressure. Maybe she had hit Jake's pressure points, causing him to collapse. Well, she didn't really know, and she didn't really care. 

"Oh, by the way, where's Abby?" asked Kimaya. She did want to meet Abigail. Astrid's sister was amazing, sweet, kind, loving; she was just so awesome.

"She didn't come yet. She's got her college to finish."

"Oh! I totally forgot. Which stream did she choose?"

"Art. Guess she was too inspired by your mom," said Astrid.

"Thank God she did! I thought she'd give in to the pressure and become a doctor. She's a beautiful artist. She made the right decision."

"I agree. She plans to manage your mom's galleries in London."

"Whoa! Mom was planning to close them down because there's no one to look after them. I guess it's better they're left open! Abigail will graduate in another year, right?"

"Yeah. Please don't shut them. One more year, and then Abby will take on!"

"Yeah. I'll talk to mom about it. I'm sure she'll agree."

Astrid smiled.

"So Abby intends on staying in London?" asked Kimaya.

"Yeah, maybe. She's not totally sure, but I guess she'd prefer London."

"I see."

"By the way, where are you living in Bangalore?" inquired Kimaya. She hoped that Astrid's parents hadn't chosen a house across the city, because it would be very difficult to meet frequently then. Bangalore had a lot of traffic, and moving across the city would mean at least two-three hours.