Chapter 20 - Home

Don't mind if it's a little boring. It's just a filler chapter. 

-----------------------

Two hours later, Kimaya was finally done with her long story. Everything that had been happening with her from the past few days - the little room, the shooting practice, Aakash and his brother - everything.

"So that's how he could easily control you. He is a psychiatrist himself," commented Mr. Arora.

"Yeah," replied Kimaya. "But uncle, is it possible to hypnotize that easily? I mean, all he had to do is look me in the eye and there - I'm as good as a little dog."

"That's what I thought. Don't worry, you'll get over it Kim. This sort of thing happens when a person feels low about himself; he starts feeling others are better and does whatever the other person does or asks him to."

Kimaya looked at him dumbfounded. But I don't think low of myself! 

"It happens, Kim. Take it easy!" Said Mr. Arora, in a soothing voice.

Kimaya nodded, still feeling lost.

"Okay, enough of sadness now. What really matters is that everyone is fine, and the culprit - or at least a relative of the culprit - is in jail," said Astrid. 

Kimaya smiled.

"You could make this your next book you know!" Said Tashanna, suddenly. She had been quiet all this while, still feeling guilty. 

"Come on, Tashanna! Not much of a story, is it!"

"Of course it is! My sister has all the brilliant ideas!" Laughed Vihaan. He earned a punch from both Tashanna and Kimaya, and ended up laughing harder.

"Oww!" He faked a yelp. "I'm still weak! Please be softer, ladies!"

"Oh, let me show you what softness is. May I?" Challenged Kimaya.

"No, please. I'm in no mood of taking on a karate champion!"

Everyone started laughing. With Aakash in the police's hold, they didn't have much to fear. Everyone was finally relaxing.

"Oh, reminds me, what happened to Kim's book?" Asked Vihaan. "I'm sure it must've been a hit!"

"Yes, it was," replied Kimaya's mother. "The publishers came to us, saying that they wanted to talk to Kim expanding the sales. But Kimaya wasn't there that time... And we were too upset for all that. We'll contact the publisher tomorrow itself!"

"Awesome!" Said Astrid. "Let's party!"

"No more parties for me. Not yet!" Groaned Kimaya.

Astrid suddenly remembered that it was the party which started it all. "Sorry," she said, slapping her head.

"Party or not, what you all must do now is sleep," said Mrs. Verma firmly. "Astrid, stay the night. I'm not letting you go home at this time. Tashanna, Vihaan, it would be great if you stayed too!"

"Thank you, Anisha," said Mr. Arora. "But I guess we should go home now. If not, we'd never end up sleeping!" He added, with a laugh.

"Alright, then. But I still insist, do stay!"

"Really sorry Anisha. Some other day maybe?"

"Oh well, okay!"

The bell rang.

"Dad!" Said Kim, getting up to open the door.

"Hello," said Mr. Verma, coming in.

"Good timing, Nikhil," said Mr. Arora. "Or we'd have to wait till the morning to meet you!"

"What, you're leaving?" Asked Kimaya's dad. "No way! I know your house is literally the next one, but I insist you stay! Even your wife has fallen asleep here!" He said, seeing Mrs. Arora dozing away on the couch.

"But Nikhil we really must---"

"I won't take no for an answer. Anisha, prepare the guest room up. They are not going anywhere at this time."

Mrs. Verma got up, and Kimaya followed her to the room.

"I'm sorry, mom..." Said Kimaya, as they entered the guest bedroom.

"Why are you sorry, Kim?"

"For all this trouble. I should have been more... careful."

"It's not your fault sweetie! Trust me, I'm gonna kill that Aakash for what he did to my child!" Said Mrs. Verma, taking her daughter into her arms. Kimaya smiled.

"Okay now let's get this room done!"

They put in a water jug and glasses, so that no one needed to go out of the room at night. When they went down again, Mr. Verma was busy telling them about what happened in the police station.

"So now he is officially under arrest?"

"No, he will be from tomorrow, after Mia and Kimaya's statement."

"Mia too?"

"Yes. She was the real reason behind all this, right?"

"Hmm."

"What about that cousin of his? Who's son harassed those girls?"

"He shall be brought too, along with his son. If Mia recognizes the boy, he's done for."

"Good for him. Such disgusting people should be locked up forever." 

"I totally agree. Aakash committed a huge crime too, by hiding the facts. I pity that girl, Mia. For so many months, she must have lived under the burden of her friend's death; probably knowing that she could never get justice done."

"Yes. I hope she'll be fine from now."

"I'm thinking I shall have a few sessions with her," said Mr. Arora.

"That's a good idea," replied Kimaya. "She shouldn't feel depressed any longer."

"And you all shouldn't stay awake any longer!" Said Mrs. Verma.

"God, look at the time! It's 2 AM already!"

"Anisha is right," said Mr. Verma. "We've got a long day up tomorrow - we all need some sleep!"

"Yeah! What a day it's been!"

"Hopefully things will be quieter now."

"Yes they will. Now let's sleep!"

And with that, everyone went to their rooms. 

Kimaya lied down on her bed. She was sharing the bed with Astrid. She stretched out, feeling the comfort of her bed after days. The last time she'd slept on this bed was the night before her book released - and she'd been so anxious that time that she hadn't really been comfortable. 

"Astrid?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you really think Aakash's cousin won't strike back? I mean, he's still roaming free, right?"

"If he does, I must say he'd be a pretty damned fool. He cannot save his son any longer. There's no reason for him to harm uncle or any of us, actually."

"There's still revenge..."

"I don't think he's that bad, Kimaya. Well, at least I hope not. If he's anything like his cousin, Aakash, then he won't do anything. Anyway, the police will arrest him tomorrow itself. He's only got the night to hit us, and we're all here together. Surely we can manage him!"

"Hmm. I hope so too."

"Now you sleep! You have a big day tomorrow!"

"Ya..." Replied Kim, already sleepy. "Goodnight, Astrid."

"Goodnight Kimmy..."

Hey, a chapter for you,

And this is crazy,

Wake up from your slumber,

Vote and comment maybe!

(Sorry. Again.)