Chapter 13- Poptarts, Golfcarts, and The Notebook

Almost two hours had passed since my in depth conversation with Conner. By now, the sun was out of sight, and it was almost completely dark outside.

I was currently sitting on the living room sofa, eating popcorn by the mouthful, and watching the Notebook again.

Conner, being the sweet best friend that he is, was patiently watching it with me as I tried not to sob. He sat on the floor bellow me, his head rested back on my knees so I could card my fingers through his dark hair. I was grateful that he didn't speak, giving me time to think and gather my thoughts.

And even though I couldn't imagine being in a more comforting situation, my mind was still reeling. I don't have the baby monitor, Travis does. Travis does. Travis does.

I was having trouble picturing sweet and understanding Travis spying on me. He had told me that the only reason he asked me out on a date via blackmail, was because he liked me. Why wouldn't he tell me that he had eavesdropped on my all girls sleepover?

Oh right, because he probably thinks I'm in love with Conner.

Times like this made me wonder what life would be like if Conner and I were regular best friends. Granted, probably boring and dull, but maybe our lives would be less susceptible to chaos.

Unless chaos was just naturally attracted to me.

I tried to go back to concentrating on the movie and the feel of Conner's soft hair between my fingers, but before I could, I heard Sam's car pull back into the drive way. When Conner and I had argued they had been considerate enough to give us some privacy, even though they probably did because they thought Conner was going to grill me for dating.

My brothers barged into the house. Sam was holding the largest bucket of popcorn I had ever seen in my life, occasionally reaching a hand in to grab a handful and stuff it in his mouth. Sandy was on Stanton's shoulders, happily slurping a slushy. I guess they went to catch a movie.

"Hey sissy!" Sandy giggled as Stanton placed him on the sofa next to me. I smiled as his adorable face, resisting the urge to pinch his cheek.

"Hey Sandman. You guys go see a movie?" He nodded excitedly, and I noticed that his eyes were as big as moons.

I groaned. Dear god. Sandy jumped up from the sofa and started to run around us with his arms out, making noises that sounded suspiciously like an airplane.

"How much sugar did he eat?"

Sam and Stanton shared a guilty glance, before answering at the same time. "A lot."

I reached up to wack both twins in the head. "Guys! It's past ten, you idiots! Now he'll never go to sleep!"

Sandy was still running around the living room making his airplane noises, giving no sign of tiredness in the future.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. You guys are gonna put him to sleep." I got up, grabbing Conner's hand to pull him upstairs with me.

"Are you kidding me?!"

"Wait! No fair!

"Vrrroooom!!!" I heard from behind me as I pulled Conner into my room and shut the door.

I groaned as I flopped onto my bed head first, burying my face into a pillow. The bed dipped as Conner sat down next to me.

"You okay?" He asked. I knew this must be hard for him, because he pretty much hates Travis's guts and must be dying to say 'I told you so'.

I sighed. I needed to clear my head and stop freaking out.

I rolled over so I could see his face above me. His dark and sexy tussled hair falling onto his forehead. His soft and familiar green eyes looking at me with concern. His kissably soft lips, curved into a slight frown, showing off the small dimple in his right cheek.