Chapter 24- Awkward Moments

I really hated waking up in a hospital.

First off, there was this constant stench in the air. To me, it smelt like a strange combination of urine and fluoride.

And don't even get me started on the criminal hospital food.

Also, you should know that hospital rooms are by no means private property. Meaning, as long as you weren't dying, anyone from doctors to guests could pretty much walk in and out of your room whenever they felt like it.

It might as well be a public playground right now, because my idiotic brothers were currently running around the room screaming at the tops of their lungs.

Not the best wake up call I've ever had.

"Could you guys be any louder? It's not like we're in a hospital full of sick people trying to sleep or anything." My voice dripped with sarcasm, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

At once, they all froze in their spots, their heads whipping around to look at me.

"Selena!!!"

And then I was being crushed by two large teenage boys and a seven year old. They literally just leaped on top of my bed and squished me.

Normally, this would be considered an expected occurrence. But they seemed to have forgotten that I was in the hospital for a reason.

Immediately, a sharp pain shot up from my hips, and I let out a loud hiss as I gritted my teeth together. I guess I wasn't completely healed yet.

Sam and Stanton must have noticed my pain though, because they practically jumped off my bed, dragging Sandy off a moment later.

"Ummm... Oops?" Sam gave me a cheeky grin.

"What are you guys even doing here?" I asked, when the pain slowly faded away.

"Why we came to visit our favorite sister of course!" Stanton answered, while the other two started nodding like bobble heads in an earthquake.

"I'm your only sister."

"Exactly!" Sam's threw his hands in the air, nearly knocking over Sandy in the process.

I hesitated, slightly shocked that they weren't completely pissed at me for almost becoming a teen mom. My uber over protective brothers hardly let me talk to boys, let alone sleep with them. Maybe they didn't know?

"Mom told us." Sam said lightly, not looking too bothered.

"What?" I asked cautiously. Every time I saw her, my Mom constantly tried to avoid the 'm word'. But she told my brothers that I had a miscarriage? Maybe she stretched the truth? There was no way-

"We're sorry you lost the baby."

My gut wrenched a little in my stomach. Well that answers that question. "You're not mad?" My voice was barely a whisper.

"Nah." Stanton shrugged. "It's not your fault some dickhead-" Sam slapped his hand over his twins mouth, his eyes wide as he glanced down at a very confused looking Sandy.

"What?" Sandy asked, looking up at Sam.

"Errrrrr, nothing Sandman." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, and if we weren't in a hospital I probably would have burst into hysterics.

"Annnnyway," Stanton peeled his brothers hand off of his mouth, nervously glancing at Sandy as he thought of what to say. "It's not like you knew about it until the, uhhh, incident. Accidents happen."

"That's what Mommy said about when she had you two." Sandy grinned, and this time I really did burst out laughing.

And though it stung my throat a little, if felt really good.