Chapter 26- The Homecoming

"Mom! For the last time, I'm fine!" I complained, pulling away from her again.

"Are you sure? I mean-" She fretted, looking around for anything potentially dangerous that could injure me. I've been home for approximately five minutes, and I was already being fussed over.

"Mom! I'm laying down in my room! How does that require any assistance what so ever?" I asked, flopping back down onto my bed with a sigh.

"Okay, okay." She pursed her lips. "Fine. Just call me if you need anything? Okay?"

I nodded, restraining myself from rolling my eyes up at the ceiling. "I have Conner here, remember?"

"Oh right!" She sounded relieved, and I felt another stab of guilt. "Well in that case, I'm taking the boys to that fair ground they've been begging to go to." She smiled, all traces of worry gone in an instant.

I nodded as she turned around and practically skipped out of the door. "Bye sweetie! Have fun!"

I swear, she trusts Conner more than she trusted the hospital staff.

"Hey." Conner walked in, smiling widely with his hands stuffed into his pockets. "Why does your mom look high?"

I sat up, shaking my head. "You don't wanna know."

He shrugged, still smiling as he made his way over to my bed.

The very thought of him and me on my bed again, together, made my body start to tingle. I tried to ward off all thoughts of my attraction towards him, since sex was off limits for a while.

Plus, the last time we had done it I was pregnant with his child.

But I couldn't help but drool at the sight of him. He looked ravishing in a white fitted t-shirt and sweatpants. Simple, yet sexy.

I still had yet to find out how he looked so damn good in everything he wore. I usually took around ten minutes to pick out my outfits, and on the other hand I'm pretty sure he just throws on whatever he can find in his closet.

So, unfair.

"So." He smiled, turning his cheek to the side expectantly.

I giggled as I leaned in to kiss his cheek, only to have him turn his head at the last minute so I caught his lips instead. But he pulled away all too soon, a smug grin plastered to his face.

And here comes the perverted comment....

"Wow Selena. If you really wanted a kiss all you had to do was ask."

I smacked his arm, rolling my eyes. Same old Conner.

"Woah there! Save that for after our first date!" He said cheekily, raising his eyebrows suggestively.

"Pig." I commented, before freezing when my brain fully processed his words. "Wait. Is that your subtle way of asking me out on a date?"

"Maaaybe." He smirked, green eyes twinkling mischievously.

"Well then." I crossed my arms over my chest, and smiled wider when his grin faltered. "You're going to have to try a little harder then that."

His smirk dropped completely, replaced with a frown. "Please?"

I snorted, trying to look preoccupied with inspecting my nails.

He sighed dramatically, before standing up to walk over to the window. Before I could ask where he was going, he had closed my curtains shut, blocking out the afternoon dusk light. The room immediately went dark, the only light coming from the light in the hallway filtering in through the open door.