Chapter 1

Now

"Blaire! We got an emergency!" A male voice rung out as he shoved the door to my office open and stood still at my desk, letting the door swing back into its place. Now I am trying my level best not to brag, but my office was damn spacious and had the best damn view of New York city, I mean c'mon why wouldn't a CEO not have the very top floor as a office with glass windows and oh-so modern furnitures?

"Don't tell me that we ran out of fucking glitters for the dress because I swear I will go hulk crazy on yo-" I stood up from my chair with my hands flat on my desk, being over-confident about what this man was going to say, considering his dramatic 'We have an emergency' entrance.

"Blaire, what the fuck? I was going to tell you that we got a class five customer waiting down in the lobby and demands a dress that only you would be able to make." The man simply crossed his arms against his chest and raised his right eyebrows at me.

"Oh, sorry Dave." I looked down at my desk ashamed, well this was embarrassing.

"Oh sorry, that's all you say? Well missy, you better get your ass downstairs! It's a class five customer!" Dave chuckled and urged me to get moving to visit "class five" customer. Class five customer often meant an high ranking person in the society like celebrities, billionaire's and 'popular' people. And a class five customer wasn't that rare at my company, rather it was common. That's right my company is pretty damn well-known and prestigious. Heck even Beyoncé came here.

"Gosh Dave!" I mimicked a girly voice and added the classic basic bitch expression before skedaddling to the elevator that would take me downstairs. The elevator ride to downstairs hardly took my five minutes, but as I took a step out on the the ground floor, I was greeted with loads of 'Good Afternoon Madam" or a simple head nod in acknowledgment of my presence. The whole floor was filled with my workers running around, some with measurement tapes around their neck, some with pieces of fabrics in their hands of even a full dress in their hands and some chatting away with their clients of the designs and the fabrics. I stiffened my back and stood up straight to look more professional and walked all the way to the waiting room in the lobby.

There the reception counter was across the black sofas so the clients and customers would come in and take a seat after having checked in with the receptionist.

"Hey Katherine! How's your kids doing?" I walked over to the reception counter and leaned over with my arms rested on top of the counter.

"Oh Ms Macmillan! My kids are doing fine! Thank you for asking me." The receptionist named Katherine was in her late 30's with her husband at home and kids at the middle school.

"Oh please, no need to call me Ms Macmillan, kind of makes me feel old when I am just in my mid twenties!" I smiled at her and quickly glanced down at her small photo frame which held a picture of her kids and her husband. That family picture alone melted my heart for she had a loving family. I would ask her how her family was doing, because of the simple fact that that when she finished her work here and headed back home, she would have her kids running up to her and her husband hugging at the entrance of her house while I would have an empty house with nobody there to greet me back from work. One of the sad part of being a CEO.

"Oh Blaire! Stop it," Katherine giggled, "Well anyways your class five customer is in the waiting room, he is pretty handsome, his name is so good too! Theo Weston, hmm imagine screaming that name out, I would have hit that if I didn't have a husband!" She chuckled at her sexual suggestion.