Chapter 4

Yuuri

"So mr. Chair how've you been." I said as I sat down the chair again.

"Chairs don't talk back you know." Someone chuckled.

I looked to where the sound was coming from and a blonde guard with green eyes looked at me.

"Well hello." He smiled.

Ok, but he really is gorgeous. I didn't thougt there would be someone as handsome as Victor.

"H-hey." I muttered.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" He asked me. I shaked my head and looked to the ground.

"N-not really."

"I actually do not too."

"What really?" I said, maybe a little too surprising.

He chuckled and nodded. "Yeah I only got to stand here and watch if everything's going to be alright."

"That's boring." I said.

"Yeah it is. My name's Chris by the way."

"I'm Yuuri."

As the guard wanted to say something back again the trumpets echoed through the ball room.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome the king and queen Nikiforov and their son!" Someone yelled. I looked up to see the king and queen walk down the stairs. I looked down again.

The music started again and everyone began dancing. Then my sister ran to me and almost fell over her feet. She grabbed my wrist before I could say anything.

She dragged me over to the dancefloor. I didn't resist. I had promised.

"Let's find him." She said and we slowly danced through the crowd.

As we circled around we bumped into a woman. "Sorry" we both said in unison.

Mira chuckled at the womans expression.

We bumped again into someone. We laughed and just danced and I almost forgot why we were here.

I didn't payed attention anymore, I actually had fun. Mira saw it too and she stood on my toes. I silently let out an 'ouch' and fell backwards. To hold myself up I stepped backwards but bumped into someone and fell over some feet, falling onto someone.

I struggled off him. "I'm sorry are you ok?" I said.

Everyone was looking at us.

"The prince..." someone said.

"Is he ok?"

"Yeah I'm alright." He said and he lifted his face up.

I stared into his blue eyes. "Y-yuuri?"
He said confused.

"V-victor?"

We stared confused at each other till some guards walked in to help Victor up.

"Are you ok sire? Do we need to punish the boy?"

Someone grabbed my wrist and was ready to get me to the ground.

"No stop!" Victor yelled.

"I... just want to talk to him alone."

The person who hold me letted go.

"Please people, forget that this happened and dance!" He said with a bright smile.

Whom was fake.

"Please follow me Yuuri."

I looked behind me to see my sister with her mouth wide open.

'You know him?' she mouthed.

I nodded and walked after Victor.

I felt the eyes of everyone still glued at my back but I just ignored them.

Victor started walking faster and I had to run a little to walk next to him.

"V-victor wait." I said. He didn't turn around nor say anything. He just grabbed my wrist and guided me through the halls.

Then he stopped and I almost fell against him. He opened the door and pushed me inside. He quickly got in too and closed the door, then locking it.

I was alittle scared to be honest.

We stood in a hallway where I could easily touch both my hands on the side of the walls.

Victor sighed and walked further into the room and I quickly followed him.

"You shouldn't stand there." He smiled and drew me towards him. He pushed a button and the wall closed in front of us.

"W-wha?" I muttered and looked at Victor.

He looked down and smiled. "It's just that I have more privacy. From the front door till my room is a little hallway with my walk in closet. I decided that I needed another wall to remind people that I need my privacy. Oh and some guards were following us."

I still looked shocked at Victor.

"You're still shocked I'm here? Yeah same." He chuckled.

"Let's just sit down and talk." He said and pointed to the balcony.

I slowly walked over there and looked around the corner to see two chairs and a table.

"Take a seat. Do you like cookies?"

"E-eh yes." I said and took place on one of the two seats.

A couple minutes later Victor walked in with a plate with cookies and tea.

"Thanks." I muttered.

He sat down on the other chair and letted his hand rest on his hand. He was just staring at me.

It makes me alittle uncomfortable. I just looked around me and tried not to make eye contact.

"So Yuuri, what are you doing here?" He asked.

From shock I looked up and a blush crept on face.

"I-I. I didn't want to.. I actually wanted to stay home." I muttered.

"Is that so?" Victor asked and ate from his cookie. "I actually didn't want to go either. You see, as prince I have to go but I'm better off at the ice hall." he grinned.

"I was quite shocked you didn't knew me when we met, I was so relieved I maybe had a friend who treated me for me instead of a royalty. But that didn't last a week." He chuckled nervously.

My gaze was going from Victor to the teapot, and I just stared.

The tension was really awkward to be honest.

"Who was it you were dancing with? I just asked.

Victor looked sad at me and said, "my fiance."

Like a brick hitted my heart I looked at him. "Fiance?"

He nodded carefully. As he bit his lip he stood up. "She's a really sweet girl, but I actually don't want her."

He sighed and sit down again. "I just want someone who I can really love with all of my heart."