Chapter 5

Shocked at his words Yuuri remained silent. He didn't know what to say.

He would probably never know how it would feel to marry someone your heart didn't desire. He didn't even thought about falling in love!

"Victor?" He muttered.

Victor looked up to face Yuuri. His expression was a lot different than 5 minutes ago. He was staring softly at Yuuri and waited for him to talk.

"How does that feel?" Yuuri asked quietly. "What feel?" Victor asked, confused about Yuuri's sudden question.

"Being in love"

Victor's eyes widened at Yuuri's question, he looked back at his cup.

"I don't know."

As Victor opened his mouth to talk again a loud bang was heard from the hallway. Victor immediatly stood up. "Stay here Yuuri." He said and ran to another room. Yuuri got anxious and decided to follow Victor. Ignoring his orders.

"Victor, what's happening?" He asked and looked around the door to see where Victor was. This room was dark but you could easily see all the monitors.

"There was a shooting." Victor said.

"A-a shooting!?"

Victor turned around and faced Yuuri. "On one of the guards right for this door."

You could read Yuuri's anxiety from his face. "I-i need to sit down." He said and tried to find something to sit on but fell over his own feet. Before touching the floor he was laying in Victors arms. "Watch out dummy." He chuckled.

Victor pulled him closer and Yuuri hold on tighter.

"There's nothing to fear Yuuri, the guards will easily get him. He will never get through these walls." Victor cooed.

Yuuri was shivering. His heart was raising and a blush crept on his face as he felt Victors arms around him. The only one who did this was his mother when he was a lot younger. It felt good, being hold.

Then there were knocking on the door. Yuuri's heart stopped beating for a second.

"Stay silent." Victor ordered and the smaller boy nodded.

"Open up the door!" A voice yelled.

Victors body tensed. He made eye contact with Yuuri and nodded at the closet. He grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers so Yuuri could not let go.

They quickly but quietly got into the closet. He led Yuuri through the ray with clothes. "Stay here and be quiet."

Victor disappeared.

"Who's there!" He yelled. Yuuri cringed.

"Come out here Nikiforov! Embrace your death."

Then there were people trying to break the door. Victor quickly rushed to Yuuri.

"Here, come."

He grabbed his hand again and led him to a painting behind in his closet. He moved it and it revealed a way out.

"Wow."

"Pretty awesome huh." Victor smiled proudly at Yuuri.

"Give up Nikiforov!" A voice yelled.

"Go, quick." Victor pushes Yuuri into the hallway. He got behind him and closed the door.

"You don't have to be nervous now, Yuuri. Nobody will find us here."

"This is amazing Victor."

"An escapeway for this kind of things."

Yuuri stopped walking and faced Victor. "We must see if the other people are ok!" He stared dead serious into Victors eyes.

He nodded. "Yes you're right, let's go."

"Look down."

Yuuri did what was told but almost screamed as Victor didn't slapped his hand before the boy's mouth.

"It's glass, they can't see us from the outside tho."

Victor released him and Yuuri sighed from relieve. "It's pretty scary though. "

Victor hummed and nodded.

Yuuri looked down again, the crowd were peacefully dancing. "They probably don't know what is going on here. Maybe they had only planned it for you."

Victor scratched his neck and chuckled. "That's pretty scary."

"We should tell this to the king and queen." Yuuri stared into the man's eyes.

"Only you can't go out. You have to stay here."

Victor opened his mouth to protest but stopped. "Yes, allright."

"So wait at the end of the tunnel please. I really don't want something to happen to you now."

"Neither to you."

They both stared at each other and Victor cupped Yuuri's cheek.

"Be careful please."

👑

As Yuuri ran out of the tunnel nobody had seen him nor heard him. He ran for his life searching for the king and queen.

He entered the ball room and ran through all the dancing people.

A shot was fired. Not from a gun, but a popping balloon. Everyone ran to the sides as another gun sound was heard.

Yuuri turned around as he faced a man with a gun pointed out at him.

Then the pain began, he looked down at his leg as the blood was streaming out of it.

"Victo...r.."