Freakish

Freak

(Gordan the Lizard)

(Gordan the Lizard)

"Lets go keep up were gonna miss it" Mrs.Sterling ushered us around the aquarium. My Gecko Gordan was on my shoulder.

"McKenna Grady".

"Hmm what" my class laughed at me all except one.

"Hey its not funny" thats Zach Mitchell my bestfriend. We're neighbors. He has a four year old brother named Gray and a love for baseball cards.

"Now lets keep moving" there were all kinds of animals in this place. Quite creepy. Gordan ran into my jacket pocket as we passed the snakes.

"Hey McKenna look" Zach said pointing towards a curtain.

"What is it" a squeky voice said from behind me. I rolled my eyes. Zach seemed to blush at her voice.

He has had a crush on Taylor Gunner since the beginning of fourth grade. In my opinion she wears to much pink. If you were wondering ive had a crush on Zach since he moved next door in second grade. But never wanted to ruin the friendship.

"Lets find out" Zach said pushing me forward. I screamed and fell in a hole.

"McKenna are you ok"?

"Hey Zach lets go find the dolphins" feeling around i heard a growl. Gordan peed in my pocket.

"Really" i whisperd trying to see in the dark. See my eyes do this weird thing were i can see in the dark but its all green. Nobody knows what wrong with me though.

A big scaly thing was in front of me. Snapping a picture i quickly ran to the side trying to climb up. "Help" the creature grabbed my hood with its teeth throwing me to the ground.

Getting up i walked closer my hands in front of me. The thing growled slightly then sniffed my hands then licking them.

"Ms. Grady your in big trouble" the creature made this sound like it was talking to me. It sounded like umm. Oh like one of those RAPTORS. My brother Owen was telling me all about them.

He works at Jurassic park. But his recent raptor eggs got crushed so he has to wait a while.

Making the sound rumble from the back of my throat i talked back.

What are you

Im just like you... it barked back. Stumbling back someone grabbed me from the back. Once i got back into the light i realized how many bruises and scratchs i had.

"What were you thinking young lady" Gordan climbed up my foot as Mrs. Sterling screamed at me in front of the whole class.

You could hear the Raptor calling from behind the curtain. That must be a pretty deep hole. Everyone moved back. "Shes a freak" Taylor and her friends shreiked.

Everyone laughed but i jerked forward and they all ran away. Even Zach ran. I guess i am a freak. Some guys ran towards the curtain with Jurassic on the back of their jackets.

Some guy with glasses came up to me. "Hey im Larry" he looked no older than thirty. "I work at Jurassic World and what we've seen you do we would like to give you a job" he handed me a card with a number on it.

Claire, Dearing

Was written at the top of the tiny card.

"Give us a call after you know talking about this with your parents i think Owen already told them though" he rambled looking around.

"Ok well uh thanks tell Owen i said hi" he waved walking towards the guy who was carrying the Raptor away.

I snapped a quick picture of their jackets then the Dinosaur. Gordan moved on top of my camera to get a better look. He watched in sadness as i pulled my camera off my face snatching him before he fell. He glared at me as i slipped him back into my pocket.

Mrs. Sterling pulled me away mumbling something about how she should of stayed home. None of the kids seemed to want me on the bus with them. So Mrs. Sterling called my parents and they pulled up to the parking lot. Ma looking like she had been crying and Pops gave me a pittied smile. Never liked being pittied.

"Hello Mr and Mrs Grady" she held her grip on my arm which my Ma did not appreciate. Not at all cause the next thing a knew Mrs. Sterling was sitting on the sidewalk holding her face. If she pulled away you could see a bright red hand print.

Snapping a picture of it i quickly jumped in the car taking another picture of Pops shocked face. He jumped out and separated the two. I twirled the ring Owen gave me around my finger as they both climbed in red in the face.

"So whats for dinner" Ma laughed first wiping her eyes. Pops just shook his head.

"Why do you always have to find trouble" he said putting the keys in.

"I swear it wasnt my fault this time" Ma turned towards me wiping the tear that accidentally fell. "It was all Zach he pushed me in then left" Pops pressed really hard on the brake.

"Listen hear you will not blame others especially that Mitchell boy you hear" Ma slapt him on the back of the head for screaming. She doesnt like when he screams at me.

"Cant you clearly see shes upset" She screamed back at him.

"Shes just following in his footsteps".

"Owen is the best brother i could ask for" i rudely interrupted.

"Sweets your father didnt mean it".

"Yes he did" grabbing the door handle i pushed the door open and stormed out grabbing my skateboard that was wedged under the seat of my parent beat up car.

Putting it down i jumped on and raced off to anywhere but here.♥