Echo

Echo

(two years later 17)

"Eyes up...a..nndd go" i watched as the raptors ran past me. "Mac come on" Owen yelled from the bridge. I whistled and the girls came running.

"Ok girls be good to Owen" Echo nudged my hands. I petted her as Blue rolled her eyes.

Mac come on we all know you like Echo more than us shes just trying to rub it in are faces.

Echo lunged towards Blue but before she could "Pig loose" the girls all ran towards the scene.

Stupid human speed.

Even with all the other Dino traites the only thing i could never do was out run the raptors. I got towards the seen to see Andy the new guy had fallen in. Owen jumped in front of the girls as i grabbed Andy pulling him towards the gate.

"Close the gate".

"Are you crazy" Barry and i yelled in sync.

"Trust me" Owen said as Andy yelled at us to close the gate. Barry slammed his hand on the button that closes and opens the gate.

At last second Owen rolled under the gate. I cringed hearing the gate slam. Barry helped Owen up slapping the back of his head. Owen rubbed his head and turned towards Andy. I tackled Owen in a hug. He pulled away looking at Andy as he sat by the cage. A little to close i might add.

"Ever wonder why there was a job opening" Andy stared at him wide eyed. "Never turn your back on the cage" i gasped seeing Echo snarling at him.

Echo

She rolled her eyes and ran off. Andy ran away probably to go quit. I adjusted my backpack and walked out the door. "Ill see you later Owen" he waved at me as i hoped on my dirt bike.

I started up the engine and stepped off. The woods moved fast as i drifted threw it. Birds chirped, Squirrels scurried away.

The bungalow came into view and i sped up. Once i got there i hopped off my bike and threw my helmet in the middle of the yard.

"I got these Fresh eyes"

My phone rang. I laughed and answered looking at my friend as he factimed me.

"Gray whats up".

"Zach and i are getting on the plane".

I unlocked the door putting my bag down gently by the door.

"Where are you guys going and only the two of you?"

"Youll never guess were coming to see you well actually Aunt Claire but".

I cut himoff laughing. Sitting down on my desk chair i transferred the video chat to my computer.

"Well im glad your coming".

"Me too oh oh oh do you have any new Raptor stories".

"Of course i do actually i just came from working with the raptors".

His eyes light up as i tell him the story.

"Gray lets go your gonna miss your flight".

"But Mckenna was just telling me another story".

"Dont worry im sure she'll tell you more once you get there right McKenna".

I nodded laughing as Gray tried grabbing his moms phone

(Freeze)

Three years ago Mrs.Mitchel called me to tell me all about her seven year olds Dino obsession. Everyday since then hes called me asking me about all the Dinosaur's i work with.

He even knows about my Dino DNA. Sometimes My moms in the room when he calls so its good to see her. But ive never heard from dad.

Zach doesnt know a thing. Gray and his Mom hide it from him. He doesnt know where i am or even if im alive. I feel kinda bad but he can suck it.

(Unfreeze)

"Did you feed the monster under the bed".

"Yep".

Seeing them like this made me miss my Ma. Gray is an amazing kid with such imagination. I cant wait to show him around. Maybe if i asked Claire she would let me.

"Zach lets go".

"Mom can i have your phone i wanna say bye". I mentally awed hes so sweet.

"Sure kiddo here".

"Bye Mckenna cya when we get there".

I laughed as i saw the older Mitchell look at the screen in confusion. He stood a good couple feet away but i could still see him.

"Bye Gray ill see you later ok".

He nodded with that huge smile on his face.

"Ok well bye Gray oh and bye Zach".

I laughed hanging up. The front door slammed. I peered out of my room to see Owen looking through the fridge. Sneeking over i jumped on his back. He stumbled throwing me on the couch.

"Well hello to you too" i cant stop laughing as he grabbed a beer from the fridge. Me being me tried to grab one but he swatted my hand away and handed me a juice box. I pouted as he walked out of the door, probably gonna work on his bike.

"Jokes on you i actually like juice boxes" he laughed flipping me the bird i returned the favor. We both walked out the door towards our bikes. Forgetting my bag and Gordan being the idiot i am..... I quickly had to run back inside and grabbed the items I had left behind.

I looked through my bag to see everything but Gordan in my bag. Peeking through the window i saw he was perched in the water of his tank/cage thingy Owen got him.

Shrugging i took a picture of him making him fall from shock. I giggled walking away. Owen was fixing his bike as i drank my juice. I my keys and walked over to my bike.

But i turned quickly doing a dramatic hair flip when i heard a car engine. Claire Dearing, or my boss was walking towards Owen.

Oh this is gonna be intresting.....