Board shorts and First dates

Board shorts and first dates

(Five years later 14 going on 15)

*I got these fresh eyes*

Before the song could play any more I picked it up.

"Younger awesomer Grady speaking" I heard laughing as I opened the fridge grabbing a coke.

"Hey McKenna?" I popped the lid of the bottle on the counter taking a sip.

"One and only".

"Hey um its Zach" I winced hearing Owen yell from outside. Probably dropping somthing again. I hummed and sat on the couch flipping channels.

"Zach who" I know who.

"You know who" dude you can read minds. Hehe I'm hilarious!

"Mac hurry up" Owen yelled walking into his room looking through his clothes.

"Owen your board shorts are by the dryer" he thanked me while I mumbled dear god man under my breath so he couldn't hear me. "Zach you still there?" I got no response. Looking at the phone for a sec before I hung up.

"Mac are you sure about this" I laughed as he stumbled out of his room. Straightning out my skirt I stood up to get a better look at his craziness.

"Yes you look great" he buttoned up the last button and did a little twirl. I clapped like a little kid looking through a candy store. "Now go get some" grabbing his keys I tossed them to him in which he caught them in one swift movement.

"Ill be back for your birthday" I scoffed. My birthday is tomorrow im turning fifteen and im not happy about it.

"Please dont I gotta date with Captian America" I slammed the door in his face before he could respond and grabbed some popcorn.

(Time skip)

My fuzzy blue blanket, popcorn, and finally the winter soldier! Nothing and I'm mean nothing could be better. The front door slammed. I stand corrected.

"Owen how did it go" his bedroom door slammed. Guess not so good. Oh well. I walked over to Gordans tank and refilled the water in the little pond. Cant remember a time when he left his tank. He's in love. My babys leaving the nest. Oh god i need to get a life.

Better not let a cute skirt go to waste. Grabbing my backpack and my keys I left towards the front door. "Where are you going" I turned the keys over on my bike.

Speeding off I yelled "out" before continuing towards the park. Twisting and turning through people. There aren't many people out at night but its the best time to be out. Its scarier at night here but not a single adult roams this place at night. Only sometimes have I seen maybe one or two but thats it.

Since im turning fifteen some of my fellow teen workers want to throw me a party.

I turned my bike off near a tree and walked towards the music. Its not loud music but its music.

  "Hey Dino" some guys yell over by the ice cream parlor. I waved turning and walking in a different direction.

  "Dinogirl ova here" now this is my crowd. A mix and guys and girls sitting at the fountain. They were listening to music and dancing. This is the life of the party. "Hey guys" they all tackled me in hugs.

"Your wearing a skirt how are you supposed to Dance" Cj scolded me. I lifted my skirt showing her my spandex. "Ohh everyone watch out" i rolled my eyes.

  My phone started to ring. Probably Owen wondering what im up to. I took it out and shut it off.

   Cj started playing a song and everyone was dancing. "Hey Dino" Dylan said hugging me. "Hey Dyl" we all started dancing.

  We got in a huge circle and started busting out moves. Everyone went in one at a time then someone would push them out so they could go.

  Every year we do this little dance party. New people unless they come back. Cj never misses out on these things. Shes always here.

"Three"

Whats going on.....

"Two"

There not gonna...

"Happy birthday to you" Dylan lifted me up onto his shoulders as I tried to hide my face in embarrassment.

  "Happy birthday to you Happy birthday Dear Dinooooo happy birthday to you" then they set off fireworks. I laughed jumping off Dylan's shoulders and I was immediately tackled in hugs. Ill never get used to this.

Im glad i moved here.....

(Gordan the Lizard)