A hundred times, Yes.

Bucky arrived at the party, thanking his cab driver as he quickly got out of the car. He was instantly met with loud, upbeat music along with the heavy scent of alcohol. A tall man with dark skin greeted him at the door and Bucky immediately recognized his voice. "Sam Wilson, right?" He asked, stepping over to the entrance to the club.

Sam laughed, nodding as they shook hands. "In the flesh. James, i assume?"

"You mean the one you decided to wake up at 4 in the morning? Yeah, that'd be me." Bucky smirked, hesitating for only a moment before adding, "Call me Bucky." He hadn't gone by that name in years, though using it now as he was reunited with his childhood best friend...it just felt right.

"Bucky Barnes it is, then." Sam replied with a wink, already moving to open the door for him; leading him into the building. "Steve should be around here somewhere...He's been waiting for you to get here."

A sudden feeling of butterflies in his stomach assaulted him as he let out a shaky breath, pushing through the crowded room as he followed Sam. Sure, they had spent forever talking on the phone and catching up, but that didn't stop Bucky from feeling nervous. It would be the first time seeing Steve since he was 18. So much had changed within those years they'd been apart...Finally after what seemed like forever, Sam's face lit up, apparently spotting Steve, though upon following his gaze to a man who's back was turned to them, the tall, broad shouldered, muscular blonde that Sam was looking at was nothing like his description of the Steve he knew. Small, skinny as hell, Asthmatic, along with a ton of other conditions. That was his Steve.

"Yo Rogers!" The man whirled around at the sound of his name, gaze flickering to Sam before settling on Bucky. "Found your boy Barnes outside," Sam continued, clapping him on the back. "Looked a bit ruffed up from the travel but nothing a good drink can't fix. I'll leave you two to catch up." Sam grinned, announcing he was off to mingle before slipping back into the crowd.

For Bucky, however, it felt like the world had frozen. Trapped in that moment, with nothing but Steve's big, blue eyes searing into him. Eyes filled with so much joy and happiness, all directed towards Bucky. The next thing he knew, Steve was advancing towards him, and suddenly he was embraced in strong arms as he was hugged, hearing a soft breath against his neck of, "Bucky..." It took a minute, but he finally snapped out of whatever trance he was in, hugging back with just as much force. "God, Steve it's been forever..." he murmured, voice hoarse with emotion.

They held on to each other for several more long moments, neither one of them wanting to let go. They had been apart for over 10 years, and suddenly that decade seemed like so much longer.

"I thought you were dead," Steve finally spoke up as he pulled away, the joy in his face temporarily masked by concern and worry.

So maybe he'd nearly died. The heavy weight of his metal arm a constant reminder of the days he spent in the war; of the tragic experiences that would, without a doubt, follow him for the rest of his life. The explosion, the loss of his arm, the PTSD... The list went on and on. That was a topic for another day, though. He had no intention of ruining the mood with such a depressing story regarding the life of James Buchanan Barnes. "I thought you were smaller," Bucky shot back in an attempt to change the subject, smirk appearing on his face as he worked to coax back the light that shone in the other man's gaze. That was one thing that never changed about Steve Rogers. Even when he was at his lowest, beaten up in the back of an alley because he just didn't know when to give up, the light in his eyes never dulled. Filled with so much life despite how much pain he'd suffered. It was something Bucky always admired about him.

Steve faltered, apparently aware of Bucky's divergence of the subject matter but having no intention of pressing the topic. Instead he gave a sheepish smile, nodding and leading Bucky over towards the bar where they both sat down. "Way too sober for this story," He explained, flagging the bartender down and ordering a drink. Bucky ordered the same.