I'm just a lost boy, ready to be found

Natasha was waiting for him as he exited the hospital, eyes wide and dazed, along with the rapid beat of his heart pounding in his chest. He slowly got into the car, gaze unblinking as he shut the door behind him, letting out a swift breath.

"I love you," Bucky had told him, leaving Steve in his current predicament: Overwhelmed and not quite knowing which way was up.

"How'd it go?"

Wouldn't it be great if I had an answer to that question?

Steve shook his head, shrugging as he attempted to process what had just happened. He would need time...a lot of it. "I don't have a fucking clue," He answered flatly, head falling back against his seat.

Natasha nodded, knowing Steve would open up when he felt ready. "Is he doing alright?"

The blond could only nod, head spinning and wanting nothing more than to get out of the car and go back to Bucky. "I... I need to talk to Sharon..." He whispered, chest tightening in fear. "In person." He looked towards Natasha who's gaze widened slightly in realization, though she said nothing. Instead she pulled out her phone, typing in Sharon's number as Steve let his face drop into his hands.

She answered immediately.

"All yours," Natasha murmured, handing Steve her phone. They both knew Sharon wouldn't answer if she saw Steve's caller ID.

"Hello?"

Steve swallowed, feeling sweat bead down the back of his neck. "Hey, Sharon..." He hadn't called her babe. That was a first, and he wondered if she'd noticed. "I... I think we need to talk."

"You're right, baby... I have so much I need to apologize for."

And shit, if this wasn't going to be hard enough. Now she wasn't even mad at him.

"I'm at Starbucks right now if you want to meet me."

Steve swallowed, glancing out the window of the car which was still parked in the parking lot. "The one by Francis Hospital?"

"Yeah, it's right next door. Does that work for you?"

"I'll be right in," He murmured softly, slowly taking the phone away from his ear and hanging up. "Do you mind waiting here?" He asked, handing the phone back to Natasha.

"Think it's going to end that badly?"

Steve shrugged, gaze sad and fearful. "I'm going to tell her I'm gay and have to cancel our wedding," He answered, opening the door back up as he got out. "Can't imagine any scenario where that goes smoothly."

Steve shut the door, taking a deep breath before making his way over to Starbucks, a million thoughts running through his head. Hopefully, they could still be friends after all of this, but he doubted it. He quickly wiped his palms against his jeans before opening the door, a little bell ringing to announce his entrance. He spotted her immediately, sitting in the middle of the cafe and a two person tab;e. "Hey," He greeted, voice strained, and by the way she narrowed her eyes he knew she could tell.

Either way, a small smile appeared on her face, and no, this was going to make it so much harder. Why couldn't she be mad at him? He was about to break up with her and here she was welcoming him with open arms? She leaned in to kiss him but Steve quickly turned away, pretending he had to cough.

The guilt was creeping up on him like ivy climbing up a wall.

A worried look flashed across Sharon's gaze but it disappeared almost as soon as it had arrived and she laughed softly, shaking her head. "You're not getting sick, are you?"