An Extra Gift (Joe)

>>Request from Molbash_Cannonball<<

"Honey, can you hand me that box with the gifts wrapped in the red paper, please?"

"Sure thing." You bent over, picking up the box of gifts before handing them to your fiancé. 

"Thank you." Joe kissed your cheek briefly out of habit.

You watched him carefully place each individual gift under the tree, nerves growing in your stomach. You had to tell him soon.

You were so engrossed in staring at Joe that you hadn't realised he'd finished with the gifts.

"Hon, you okay? You seem spaced out." You could hear the concern in his voice.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. I'm just thinking that we're going to need some extra space under the tree next year." You started. No backing out now. 

"Oh, is your family gonna come up next year? It'd be great to- You're not talking about your family, are you?"

You shook your head, hesitantly. "Joe, I-" You swallowed, taking his hands in yours and positioning them on your stomach. "Joe, I'm pregnant."

Joe stared at your stomach for a few moments in silence. You anxiously chewed your lower lip as you waited for a reaction.

"I'm going to be a dad?"

You nodded.

A small smile crept onto Joe's face. "I'm going to be a dad. I love you." He reached over to kiss you before kneeling down in front of you. "And I love you and I always will." He placed a gentle kiss on your belly.

Tears formed in your eyes at the sight and Joe stood up to hug you. "Best Christmas present ever."