Pete Imagine: That Morning

*Mentions of Blood, Violence, and Rape!!*

You opened your eyes to see Pete's brown eyes already watching you.

"Freaking creep." You chuckled lightly as the sun hit your eyes. You squinted and buried your face into Pete's bare chest.

"I wasn't being a creep. You were just being too cute." He laughed back.

"Whatever." You mumbled. Pete kissed your shoulder and ran a warm calloused hand down your back. He stopped right about your waist and rubbed small circles there.

"The kids should be waking up soon." He stated.

"Are you ready, cause I don't know if I am." You yawned.

"I'm ready for anything." Pete kissed your forehead when he heard the loud voices of your 3 children.

"Morning family!" Bronx, your oldest, smiled, flopping into your bed. He was going off to college later this year, University at Buffalo.

"Morning Bronx." Pete replied.

"Morning parents!" Danielle cheered, Saint trailing behind her. She followed after her oldest brother, and flopped on the bed. Danielle was in her sophomore year of high school and excelling in her music classes. She was also a team favorite for cheerleading captain next year. Saint was in the 5th grade and he was great at science and history. He even won his school science fair. Pete chuckled looking at his exceptional family.

"I love you guys." Pete smiled thankfully.

"Then save us, Pete." You said. Pete turned to see an angry red cut around your neck, but no blood was coming. Your face held bruising that could've only been put there by fists.

"(Y/N)...what's going on?" Pete asked worriedly.

"Aren't ya gonna save us, daddy?" Saint asked. His face was pale and there was a light cut on his cheek. There were also dark angry bruises on his neck. They were in the shapes of fingers.

"Saint, who did this to you?" Pete asked, his breathing increasing rapidly.

"Dad! Stop asking questions and do something, please!" Danielle cried. Her eyes held dark rings around them and her exposed skin was littered with bruises. There was a red ring around her neck. It looked like rope burn.

"What's going on here?!" Pete yelled, his breath coming at an even more rapid pace.

"You can't save us dad, because you didn't. You're too late." Bronx said flatly. Pete turned to his son and gasped at the bullet hold in the center of his skull.

"Oh my god. What happened? What did I do?" Pete panted softly.

"You weren't there, Pete. You weren't there for us." You scowled.

Pete opened his eyes quickly and felt Patrick's hand on his back. Pete took in his surroundings and saw he was standing outside his house, only, the house was covered with yellow police tape.

"What happened, where am I?" Pete asked slowly.

"Someone broke into your house this morning, Pete. (Y/N) and the kids were home." Patrick said softly.

"Where are they? Are they okay?"

"They found Danielle in her bedroom, hanging from the ceiling fan. Bronx was shot in the head when he was in the living room. Saint was strangled in his sleep. (Y/N)...she was beaten, raped, then her throat was slit. They're all gone Pete." Pete looked over at his best friend horrified.

"Th-That's impossible. They can't be dead! Bronx is going to University at Buffalo, Danielle is going to be the ch-cheerleading captain, Saint is gonna be a scientist, and (Y/N)...we were supposed to try again. Try for another kid." Pete stuttered.

"I'm sorry man." Patrick frowned. Pete fell into his friend's arms sobbing.

"I should've been there!" Pete cried.

"Pete, you were in a different state."

"It was my job to protect them and I failed!" Pete looked at the house and tried to get back the memory of his mornings. The mornings with the family he no longer had...