10 - Closure

Seventh Sense is considered as a higher level of sensing ability. Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your own sixth sense is the first step in understanding this ability. Once achieved, the sixth senses and minds of the users can become one and it will boost their power and capability.

That place. Later.

God. I can't concentrate.

I shoved the books in the drawer and plopped myself on the bed since I can't understand what I just decoded because of his words. Remembering that made me giddy and uneasy.

"Oohh. It has been a long time since you've been this distracted," Akira suddenly said and she looked at me with a taunting smile.

"What? I'm not." Bigla naman niyang tinuro ang ulo niya.

"The head never lies. Your inner voice is reverberating through the room. Right, Akemi?"

Doon ko narealize na tama siya. My mind was opened and I didn't even notice it.

"Huh?"

Napatingin naman kami kay Akemi dahil mukhang distracted din siya kaya naman napailing na lang si Akira.

"Hay. Bakit ba ganito ang roommates ko?" sabi niya habang nakatingin sa kisame.

Napabuntong-hininga naman ako dahil sa dami ng iniisip ko ngayon. I feel like my mind is going to burst any moment so I decided to ask her for some advice.

Lumabas ako ng kwarto at hinayaan ko muna sina Akemi at Akira. Pumunta ako sa kabila at naabutan kong tulog si Michiko habang si Mayu naman ay inaalagaan si Hiroshi.

"Hey," tawag ko at pareho silang tumingin. Bigla namang naglakad si Hiroshi papunta sa direksyon ko kaya umupo ako at sinalubong siya.

"Is there any problem?" Mayu asked while cleaning Hiroshi's mess.

"W-well . . . uhm . . . I think I need some advice."

***

"So? Ano bang pag-uusapan natin? Though I think I know it already," sabi ni Mayu nang makaupo kami sa bench malapit sa fountain. Madilim na pero dahil sa holographic lights sa plaza ay nagmukhang maliwanag pa rin ang paligid.

"Mitsuo." After saying his name, Mayu smiled at me. "He's been invading my mind lately and it feels strange."

"I thought you like him?"

"Yes, that's because I have the same symptoms written on the book." Pagkasabi ko no'n ay saglit na natawa si Mayu kaya naman nagtaka ako.

"You're too naive," she said and looked at me with her calculating eyes. "But you know, love isn't something you study and observe. It's something you feel."

"But why do I like him?"

"And it's something you can't easily explain," she added.

Nag-usap pa kami ng ilang minuto at kahit papaano ay may mga natutunan ako sa kanya. Mayu has always been the mother and the older sister of the Atama family and when it comes to matters we don't understand, we always talk to her. Her insights helped me understand my situation and how to deal with it.

Nagpalipas pa kami ro'n hanggang sa kailangan na niyang umuwi para kay Hiroshi. Nagpaiwan naman ako at nagstay na lang sa harap ng fountain. Bigla ko namang naalala sina Akemi at Mitsuo. Those two have a lot of things in common and both of them are too secretive. I heard Akemi saying the name Dana one time, though I don't know who she is, and Mitsuo said something about being an executioner.