III

The girl continued to drag Rin until they arrived a normal looking high school building. The girl continued dashing through the hallways until she suddenly stopped. Her sudden halt made Rin collided into her back and hurt her nose. They stood outside the door and the girl chirped, "We're here!"

Without a knock or a greeting, the girl swung open the door with much force. Rin was shocked by her rude attitude and was worried the teacher in there might be offended but she was surprised again by what happened. As soon as the girl kicked the door open, a person wearing a chef outfit grabbed the frame of the door, as if trying to escape from there. The person bumped into Rin and she was shoved aside heavily because that person sure was huge. When Rin got up to her feet, she realized the person who just now was a teacher.

Wait what?

Rin was confused because she cannot comprehend what had happened. She peeked into the classroom and recognize the silver-haired boy immediately and the weird girl talking to him.

"Tsukasa, you made another teacher fled again? How many does that make? The third one this month?" The girl teased him as she smacked Tsukasa's arm.

"Ouch, Rindou. No, he's actually the fifth...I just want to make sure I can produce perfect results..." Tsukasa said as he caressed his arm hit by the girl named Rindou. Rindou continued to tease him until she remembered she was escorting a small girl to see Tsukasa.

"I forgot! Tsukasa, I have a little guest for ya!" Rindou said as she walked to the door and dragged Rin into the room. She put her arms around Rin and rest her head on Rin. "Tada, ain't she cute?"

"Oh, you're the girl from yesterday! Rin, right?" Rin nodded and blushed a little bit. Somewhere in her heart, she felt a bit happy because he remembered her.

"Tsukasa-senpai, Mr. Allard said he's busy so he can't meet you..." Rin felt bad for delivering bad news to him the second time they met. Tsukasa's face looks a bit saddened.

"Oh, I see. That's too bad..."

"Tsukasa, you're already finding another teacher to annoy?! You're dedicated in some way, hahaha!" Rindou laughed loudly. Rin could not understand what she meant. Rindou looked at her puzzled face and explained, "D'you know this guy's a crazy perfectionist? He literally annoys the hell out of teachers so that he can perfect his cooking. All the teachers are practically scarred for life because of how persistent he is!"

Tsukasa blushed but did not deny her remarks. Rindou continued to laugh and the corner of Rin's mouth twitched as she secretly cancel the career 'teacher' in her 'what-I-can-do-besides-a-chef' list in her mind.

"Thank you for coming all the way here to pass the message. Or perhaps you have something else for me?" Tsukasa bent his body down so that his eyes meet Rin's directly and smiled softly. Rin felt her heart skipped a beat.

Is it even legal for someone to be this hot?!

Rin blanked out for a moment to appreciate his smile when her rationality pulled her back into reality and reminded her of what she should do.

"Senpai, I'm here to return this. The cupcakes were delicious, thank you." Rin handed over the container with difficulty as Rindou still had her hands around her.

"Y-you came all the way here just to return this? You shouldn't have! This is just something I had laying around. You can keep it. I'm glad you like the cupcakes." Tsukasa insisted that Rin keep the container.

"Cupcakes? Tsukasa, don't tell me you're still experimenting that last cupcake I tasted. That was like last month ago!" Rindou interrupted. She remembered barging into Tsukasa's private kitchen and eating all the stuff he made. "You're not seriously gonna challenge Momo into a dessert battle are ya? 'Cuz if you are, I'm all ears!"

"What are you talking about? Akanegakubo-san is the best pâtissier of the year. I would be in a disadvantage if I were to challenge her." Tsukasa denied humbly but Rin thought she heard a bit of confidence in his voice.

"Hmm...I wonder..." Rindou said mysteriously with a devilish smile. "Then why don'tcha ask Momo for some advice for ya cupcake? I bet she can help ya!"

"Rindou, you know it's impossible to talk to her. She wouldn't even make eye contact with me." Tsukasa sighed. "Maybe because she's uncomfortable with me. I must've did something wrong..." Tsukasa mumbled and became more and more depressed.

"So, what'cha makin'?" Rindou quickly changed the topic.

"I was experimenting the dessert for my booth. I've added salted caramel frosting onto the cream. This is the best I could bring out from this dish for now." Tsukasa showed them his product. It was almost the same one he gave to Rin, except this time there was a caramel-coloured frosting on top. Without a second thought, Rindou grabbed one and gobbled it up.

"Mmmm, it's YUMMY! As expected from ya! Here, you take a bite too, Rin-chan!" Rindou grabbed another cupcake and tried to feed her, ignoring Tsukasa who was trying to stop her from finishing his food like last time. Rin hesitated and took a bite.

It tasted just like the last one, except with the frosting on it, the salted caramel blended even well with the pumpkin cake. Rin was surprised that such a small detail can change the taste so much. Rin let out a satisfied sound.

"I don't think ya need to change anything. It's already suuuper yummy!" Rindou took another cupcake and popped it into her mouth.

"No, this is not enough. I need something to balance the flavour." Tsukasa started to show his perfectionist side. Tsukasa seemed like he didn't notice Rindou finishing all the cupcakes when he was deep in thought.

"Whaddabou' adding mo' fugar? (What about adding more sugar?)" Rindou suggested with a stuffed mouth, her pronounciation was too unclear for Rin to understand.

"What kind of suggestion is that?" Tsukasa felt speechless. Rin wanted to escape from there but she couldn't find any opening for her to excuse herself so she just stood there and listened to both of them talk back and forth until she blurted out, "Tsukasa-senpai, use sea salt to balance it."

Both of them stopped arguing and looked at her. Rin realized what she just did and covered her mouth in embarrassment.

"Sea salt..." Tsukasa thought about it and somehow he became interested. "What gave you the idea-"

"S-sorry, I have to go! H-have a nice day, Tsukasa-senpai, Rindou-senpai." Rin realized she finally got their attention and quickly bowed and left without hearing Tsukasa finish his question.

"D-did I do something wrong?" Tsukasa asked Rindou in a saddened tone. Rindou just shrugged as she finish the last cupcake.

***
As soon as Rin got out of the building, she got directions from an upperclassman and safely exited the school compound.

Oh my god, I can't believe I let my mouth run like that! I'm such an idiot! Tsukasa-senpai must think I'm a weirdo! Rin scolded herself in embarrassment. 

***
After Rindou left, Tsukasa cleaned up the kitchen and return home. He was intrigued by Rin's idea and began to ran a simulation in his head.

As soon as he got home, he took out all the ingredients and started to test it out.