XVI

Rin woke up seeing she was tucked in comfortably with Shiro by her side. She was frozen for a few seconds realizing she and Tsukasa was still holding hands. She made sure her movements were small so that she would not disturb Tsukasa while she secretly admire his sleeping face because why not. Unfortunately, Shiro woke up and it jumped on Tsukasa's face and he scrambled up, also squeezing Rin's hand tighter. After a series of blushing and awkwardness, they finally let go of each others hand and both went to clean themselves up.

The next day went by very quickly. Kyouka told Rin to show Tsukasa around the neighbourhood and pick up some ingredients for dinner. While deep down she thanked her mother, she insisted on bringing Shiro with them so that she was constantly reminded it was not a date. Tsukasa was a little irritated but did not show it out.

This time, Kyouka volunteered to make dinner. After dinner, they flipped through some photos of Rin's supposingly embarrasing moments during her childhood. Tsukasa noticed that a certain person was not in all the pictures but did not comment. Rin felt so humiliated that she stomped into her room to rest early while Kyouka giggled and Tsukasa laughed silently.

***
It was a hard goodbye for the mother and daughter. Tsukasa let them talk privately while he took their bags into the car.

"He's such a gentleman. Handsome, gentle and he knows how to cook!" Kyouka says as she stared at Tsukasa taking the bags. "I was being serious when I said I wouldn't mind having a son."

"Mom!" Rin said embarrasingly. I wouldn't mind you having him as a son too. She stopped herself from thinking before her imaginations get too far.

They hugged for one last time and Rin and Tsukasa went into the car and departed.

***
"RIN-CHANNN!" Yoshino was the first to welcome her back. Rin noticed that Megumi and Ryoko were back from their holiday too. They had a brief reunion and Yoshino started asking questions.

"I can't believe you're dating the Tsukasa Eishi and you didn't say anything!" Yoshino remembered the sudden appearance of the first seat in front of the dorm. Megumi and Ryoko seemed to be lost in the conversation so Yoshino explained from the top and they made the same face as Yoshino the first time she saw Tsukasa.

"We are not dating!" Yet. Rin thought deep down.

"You went on a holiday with him." Ryoko pointed out. "You guys are official."

Rin was too tired and decided to ignore their remarks. While they continue their girls talk and chilled, Isshiki came back from work.

"Welcome back, Isshiki-senpai." All four girls welcomed him. He was clearly happy that he was enjoying his youth but as soon as he saw Rin, his expression changed a little.

"Isshiki-senpai, you look pretty down. Did something happened?" Yoshino who was the closest to Isshiki noticed it.

"No, I'm just pitying the other boys couldn't share this youthful moment with me." He answered a typical Isshiki-ish answer. "Well, you girls best be going to bed now. There are classes tomorrow."

The girls looked at each other. It was unusual for Isshiki to be sad but since he did not want to talk about it, they find it no point to keep asking around so they said goodnight to each other and went to bed.

***
Rin was in a bad mood today. She was not the type to get angry easily but some things just pissed her off quickly. She went to class as usual and everything was going smoothly except for one. The girls from Tsukasa's fanclub were talking among themselves while staring daggers at her. Rin ignored them and continued her cooking. While she was cutting her ingredients, she felt a strong push. Her hand slipped and the knife glided through her skin and a fresh wound formed on her palm. She dropped the knife and grabbed the nearest towel on her station. Blood dripped on the silvery counter and trickled down her arm. The loud noise attracted the teacher and all the students had their eyes on her.