Chapter 3: The Drawing That Foretold

Dallas's pov
Before I knew what I was saying I said,"You're beautiful!"

Shit did I just say that out loud? I meant it but Christ I sound clingy!!!
Well I blew my shot with her. Ugg my first day here and I already fucked up.
But, to my surprise, she looked up and smiled. Wait what?

She smiled and I felt myself begin to blush. Her smile was the most prolonged smile I had ever seen. I could tell She truly meant it. Her eyes met mine and I wanted to get lost in the dark abyss they provided.
I might have a shot with her!
Violet's pov
My heart began to flutter.Nobody has ever told me I am beautiful besides my mom. I think he actually genuinely meant it.

I looked up at him and I couldn't stop smiling. I could tell he didn't want to come on to strong, but I didn't care. In fact, that's just what I needed, strength.
Strength to keep me together, strength to get me through the night.

Wait! He literally just walked in, why am I being so sappy? He's probably just another fuckboy who could give a shit less about love.
Dallas's pov
She looked back down at her notebook and continued drawing. I noticed that she had one long purple streak in her dark brown hair. Hmmm Violet, ironic.
She was concentrating really hard and I wish I knew what she was thinking. The teacher kept ranting about pronouns but I couldn't pay attention.
Wait why was I being so stupid? She clearly didn't want to talk. And why are you being so dumb. You don't just walk in and call a girl beautiful in the first sentence you say! I think she thinks I'm a fuckboy! I deserve it than! I can never do anything right! I shoved my hands into my hair and blocked out the world until the end of class.
Violet's pov
I was drawing in my notebook when Dallas dropped his head into his hands. Wait why did he do that? Is it because of me? Ugg why do I have to drag my depressed ass life into other people's?
I looked over and I caught a glimpse of his sad blue eyes. Something died inside me.

I don't have any friends but when the only person who willingly talked to me in weeks became sad because of me, my heart broke. Why did I cut him out? He was just trying to be nice?

I continued drawing until the end of class as my head filled with dark thoughts and sadness. Just as it has for the past  year.....
Dallas's pov
The bell rang and I swiftly grabbed my things and ran out the door to my next class. Violet got up and quietly followed me. I wouldn't have noticed her if it hadn't been for the small purple streak in her hair.

I walked into the math room and sat down in the back of the class. Violet tiptoed into the classroom as if she was trying not to be seen.

It seemed to be working because hardly anyone noticed her walking past. She sat right next to me and pulled out her notebook. She started to draw.
I thought she didn't like me? This is confusing!!!

A few minutes after class started, she grabbed my wrist and placed a small drawing in my hand. Before I could say anything the turned back to the front of the class.

I looked at the drawing it was of me???
Violet's pov
I followed Dallas out of English class and into math class. My hands started to shake as pulled out my notebook and finished my drawing of Dallas. I know it's creepy and stalkerish but I felt horrible for sending mixed messages in English.

I quickly handed him my drawing than swiveled around to the front of class. I don't know what this relationship is going to be but I don't want him to think bad of me. Which is odd, because I never care what people thing about me....

He looked at the drawing in astonishment and smiled a gorgeous smile. I noticed his dimples deepen as if he were meant to smile forever. I want to make him smile again...
Dallas's pov
She seriously drew this? I couldn't help but smile. She got every detail of my face all captured in one sketch. Something told me she was someone who appreciate the little things, the small gestures....

I am going to get her to smile like in English class as if it was the first time I called her beautiful.

I have a feeling Violet will change my life for the better....