Chapter 5: Like A Love Song

Dallas's pov
I stood in front of the mirror in my bathroom fidgeting with my bow tie. Earlier, I styled my curly hair into somewhat of a style and ate a breath mint. I was wearing a black tux with a purple bow tie. I was nervous for what was about to come. I told Violet to meet me at 6:30 at the back door of the school. It wasn't the most romantic of first dates, but it was honestly my favorite place ever. Violet showed it to me.;) It was 6:00 so I walked out of the bathroom getting ready to leave. On my way out, my mother said,"Have fun!Be back before 10:00!"

I smiled back at her and walked out the door.

I walked around the school to the back door and got ready.
Violet's pov
I had my mom help me get ready for my date. I stepped into my dress and my mom zipped it up. I slid on my heels and waited for the curling iron to heat up. I did my makeup while my mom curled my hair into huge, tight curls. I popped in some ice blue stud earrings. My mom sprayed hairspray all over my head and I looked in the mirror. I felt pretty. That's new. Dallas asked me to meet him at the backdoor of the school at 6:30. I smirked to myself as I thought about going on an actual date. It was 6:15 so my mom drove me to the school. She said,"I am so happy for you! I hope you have a fun time! Go meet prince Dallas!"

I laughed and said,"Thanks mom."
I got out of the car and started to walk to the back door. I noticed the sun started to set as I turned the corner to the backdoor. I saw Dallas, standing by his guitar smiling. Then, I noticed it.

There were rose petals lining the ground around him with picnic basket near him. I looked up and saw something else. Little notes. On the surrounding trees, notecards were hanging delicately all around the scene.
The notecards looked like they were paused in time, hanging from the surrounding trees.

I ran to Dallas and gave him a huge hug. I said,"You did all of this for me?"
"Of course! I would do anything for you!",He laughed.

I can't believe he did this for me. The girl everyone would avoid. The girl that nobody noticed. The girl who met him first.

I started to cry. I covered my mouth as I mumbled,"This is literally the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me! Thank you!"

Dallas's pov
It was 6:27 when Violet poked her head around the corner. I felt like I was hit by a wall, she was so beautiful. She was wearing a light blue dress with a cheetah print belt. Her hair bounced perfectly over her shoulder.She was stunning.
She had a double take as she took in her surroundings. She gasped as she looked at all of it. Rose petals, guitars, lovenotes, Picnics. She ran over to me and gave me the firmest hug I had ever received. Her eyes sparkled with tears as she said,"You did this all for me?"

I would set up two-thousand dates for her. I said,"Of course! I would do anything for you!"

She covered her mouth and mumbled,"This is literally the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me!"

I couldn't get over how stunning she looked. I said,"You look beautiful Violet."

I saw her blush than put her hair behind her ear. She didn't say anything, but she didn't have to. One look into her eyes and she changes your life. Me, the boy everyone thought was a goody two shoes. A guy who was never thought to be important. I don't know what I did to deserve Violet.

She smiled a toothy smile as walked around the trees reading every single note I had put in the trees. All of them were lyrics of love songs written on a card along with one reason I think Violet relates to it.

She read one out loud,
"~All I ask of you
Let me be your shelter
Let me be the light
Your safe no one can harm you
Your fears are far behind you~Phantom of The Opera~"

She started to tear up again as she said,"Dali you know that's my favorite musical!"

Dali? Hmm I like it!
"I know,love!"

I set up the blanket and we both sat down. I just noticed how we didn't match at all. Ice blue with dark purple, cheetah print with brown. But, I wouldn't have it any other way! I love how perfectly imperfect we are.
I reached out of my basket and got out the two salads and I got out the two plates of chicken from my thermal bag. I grabbed two wine glasses out of my basket. I ripped the cork out of my moms wine. She said,"Ohh fancy!"
I looked up as the last rays of the golden sunset gleamed of of her skin.
I poured us some wine and looked up to find her smirking to me stealing my moms wine. I flashed her back a smirk of my own and we started to eat. She said,"Damn this chicken is good! Did you make it?"

"Yea", I said shyly.
She said,"Well you are an amazing cook!"

We talked and laughed while we finished our food. I lit four bath and body candles as it got darker.
We stared up at the stars, laying on my blanket. It's time. I moved my hand closer and closer to Violet's hand. I loved her so much I just wanted to be closer to her. I lightly touched her hand with mine and slowly intertwined mine with hers. I could literally feel her smiling through the night. She started to move her thumb in circles on my wrist. It's funny how a simple gesture can mean so much just holding hands with the girl I loved means more than anything. I started to get a tingling feeling from my head down to my toes.
She whispered,"Play me a song"

I looked over to my guitar and carefully released Violet's hand. I ran over to my guitar and stood up. I grabbed Violet's hand and she happily stood up. I started to strum. I think she will like this song.

Violet's pov
This night was going perfect. I was still in disbelief that this was actually happened. I could stare into his light blue eyes and could get lost there. I loved the way his light brown hair framed his face just right hand curled down above his eyes. All that he had done for me was everything I could ever ask for. He saved me. From, depression, hate, and worst of all I would have never met him. I love you Dallas. I noticed that he inched his hand closer and closer to mine. I wanted to be closer to him. Our hands touched and I felt sparks fly. I started to sway my thumb across his wrist. It's funny how the smallest things like holding hands can overlook the big things. I got an idea. I didn't want to stop holding hands, but I wanted to hear his beautiful voice sing to me. I whispered,"Play me a song."

He got up and grabbed his guitar and gently pulled me up from the blanket. He said,"I think you will know this song!"

He started to strum his guitar and my eyes grew wide. He started to play my favorite song I decided to sing along with him

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How do I love when I'm afraid to fall
But, watching you stand alone
All of my doubt suddenly goes away
Some how

He put down his guitar and we started to slow dance and sing. We laughed and that's when we knew we were truly in love...

One step closer
I have died every day waiting for you,
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years,
I'll love you for a thousand more,

I couldn't take it, I brought Dallas's face up to mine and I kissed him. It wasn't out of lust, it was out of love. It felt right, my lips on his felt like they were meant for each other. My body went numb and I felt amazing. We pulled back at the same time and looked into each others eyes. I still had my hands on his cheeks and I said,"I love you. We were meant to be."

He kissed me on the cheek and got out his pocket knife. He carved our names Violet and Dallas, surrounded by a heart on the nearest tree. I loved acting like a middle school who can control herself! He just carved our names into a tree! This is why I loved him.

I took of my black shiny ring of my finger and said,"I know it's weird but I want to give you this! I know it won't fit and all but I just wanted to give it to you. You could put a chain through it and wear it?"

His blue eyes sparkled in the dark as he said,"I will cherish it. It reminds me of the little things we share."
....
~hey guys I hope you are enjoying the story so far!😊,Laney~