2. HERMIONE X MCGONAGALL

Sparkles flew across the Transfiguration classroom as students shot the Gemino spell at their target. Jets of light crackled against simple vases placed on tables roughly five feet in front of the students. The curse was supposed to duplicate its target, but no student had managed to accomplish the goal so far- except for Hermione Granger that is.

She sat smugly in the corner of the classroom, a triumphant small pulling of the corners of her strawberry colored lips. Her eyes remained mostly focused on her two best friends- two thirds of the Golden Trio- but every few moments her eyes darted to the teacher at the front of the classroom.

Minerva McGonagall prided herself on her ability to remain completely neutral, never giving students any more than a smile, so their effort to please her with their skills would only strengthen. But today, today, Minerva McGonagall broke her rule. She laughed in delight at Hermione Jean Granger.

By far her most talented and brightest student as a first year, the young witch's skill had only strengthened as she grew into a beautiful seventeen year old woman. Class by class, day by day, the curly- haired girl with the chocolate brown eyes had opened Minerva's closed off heart.

This was especially apparent today, when Minerva broke her rule.

The Gemino curse had to be cast with tedious precision, but with a very simple hand movement- a flick. But this flick had to be speedy and done at just the proper angle in order to duplicate the object, the spell only becoming more exact as the object being spelled got bigger.

As Hermione cast the Gemino curse on her vase, it immediately burst forth a second, identical vase. As the girl made a noise in delight, she fell backwards onto the ground, causing Professor McGonagall to come rushing to her side to help her to her feet. As Minerva grasped the girl's bare hand, she felt as though an electric shock had run through her entire body and barely managed to maintain her composure.

And she didn't, not entirely. As Minerva helped her student to her feet, she allowed a large smile to creep into her face and a delighted "fantastic job Ms. Granger," to slip from her lips, followed by a happy laugh.

The rest of class Minerva couldn't keep her eyes off the girl that only grew more beautiful by the minute.

At the end of class, Hermione stood from her perch on a stray desk and began to rush after Harry and Ron, who still hadn't managed to correctly perform the Gemino curse by the end of the class period. But, a smooth voice with a kind lilt froze her in her place.

"Hermione, would you stay after class for a minute dear?" McGonagall called.

Harry and Ron, due to their utter daftness, didn't notice anything wrong with this request, but Hermione did. Her Professor never called anyone by their first name, 'dear' was not in her vocabulary, and lastly, Minerva McGonagall didn't request things, she ordered them.

"Yes Professor?" Hermione asked questioningly after the two boys left the classroom. She gazed longingly at her teacher from across the the room. Minerva McGonagall had a pinched face, much like a lemon... Hermione liked lemons.

Hermione wondered if she could've done something wrong during class. She certainly didn't want to upset her favorite and most beautiful Professor with silver- grey hair and black- rimmed, old lady glasses.

McGonagall smiled and gestured for Hermione to come closer to her desk. "You can call me Minerva."

"Alright... Minerva," the name slipped off Hermione's tongue like honey and she gravitated even closer to the Professor, so she was just inches away.

Minerva McGonagall cocked her head, causing one of the locks from her tight bun to become loose and hang by her ear, "would you like to do an experiment?"

"Yes," Hermione breathed, her faced drawing even closer to her teachers.

At that moment Minerva McGonagall lost all sense of control and pressed her soft, wrinkled lips against her students. Their lips moved in synch, creating magic in a magic school.

It was beautiful, Minerva tasted like parchment and... cat food.

Then Hermione broke away, "won't Dumbledore be mad?" She asked, knowing that he knew everything that went on at Hogwarts and could never approve of their... relationship.

McGonagall pulled Hermione close once more to whisper in her ear, "its fine, what do you think he and Harry are doing when they have meetings in his office."

Hermione's lips curved into a smile, "okay," and she kissed McGonagall, her professor and love once more.

-E