3. HAGRID X DUMBLEDORE

Hagrid sat miserably in his cell in Azkaban, wasting away as Dementors made him their meal. He gazed wistfully outside his cell window, the view of stormy sky and angry wave ruined by the bars over his window. He wondered if perhaps, in the frothy, whirling ocean below, if there was some sort of magical sea creature that could save him from this wretched place. Unfortunately, deep down, Hagrid knew their was none.

Azkaban was in its precise location for a reason, so no living creature could reach it unless they were supposed to. Not even water creatures could reach the hellish prison.

But Headmaster Albus Dumbledore wasn't just anyone, and he had received permission to bring Rubeus Hagrid back to Hogwarts, as the true heir of Slytherin had been discovered to be Tom Riddle.

He first appeared to be a small speck of white and blue on the island's shore. Hagrid didn't notice this small but important change to Azkaban though, for he had turned his gaze from the open ocean to the suffocating compounds of his cell.

It was while his eyes were tracing the cracks of the dark walls, that his cell door opened.

"Hagrid..." Came a chocked cry from none other then Albus Dumbledore, with a Phoenix patronous flying by his side.

Albus studied the sturdy man's bruised and sunken face, before drifting his eyes to his scraggly beard. He longed to touch it, braid it with his own... so they would be connected.

Hagrid locked eyes with the headmaster before he broke into a wide grin, like a rock smiling. "Et's so good ter see ya," he said, studying Albus's beautiful white beard that resembled curdled milk.

Albus extended his wrinkled hand to Hagrid, smiling as Hagrid grasped it and stood up, causing the ground to shake. He was so large... it was magnificent.

Even though the two were surrounded by dementors as they exited, Hagrid had never felt so happy, Albus Dumbledore was holding his hand. And due to their close proximity, Hagrid caught edits of his old man smell. He quickly began to breathe heavier to get more of the air into his lungs.

Eventually, Albus spoke, "Hagrid, would you like to go on vacation?"

"Vacation?" Hagrid asked confused, "wher' ter, an' why?"

The Hogwarts headmaster nuzzled into Hagrid hairy side, the hair as warm as sheeps' wool. "It could be a honeymoon... of sorts."

Hagrid's eyes grew wide, "but, but, wer' not married."

That was when Albus knelt, his kneecaps sounding like an old rickety chair collapsing, and got on one knee, "please...?"

Hagrid's eyes filled with happy tears and they began to roll down his cheeks. "Yes, a million times yes!" He said happily before bursting into a puddle of tears as Dumbledore slid a sausage side ring onto his finger.

Then, the old man tilted Hagrid's chin up and wiped away his tears, before planting a kiss on the man's leathery lips. It was like kissing dirt, wonderful dirt.

When the two broke away for air Hagrid asked, "whater' bout 'Arry? Don' he need ya?"

Dumbledore shook his head with love in his old, cataract filled eyes, "he'll figure it out."

Then, the two apparated to go get married, far, far away from Azkaban.

-E