chapter two

Class wasn't as bad as you'd thought. You had the basics (science, math, history, and English) along with a few specialized classes that honed in on your mutation and those similar to it. In your classes you'd met Jean again but also a few other new faces. A blue boy by the name of Kurt, who could teleport, a peppy bright girl named Jubilee, and a kid named Scott who wore rose tinted glasses. It was nice to be able to get to know more students, it made the whole new school thing feel a little less lonely. But there was one thing that had been a little confusing that day. When walking through the halls you felt a quick breeze and saw a flash of silver. It wouldn't have been weird but it had happened three or four times that morning and you just didn't know what it was. You'd asked Scott if he'd seen anything strange like it but he just smirked and laughed leaving you with no real answer.

So you just decided to head to the library to find a quiet place that would allow you to think and read in peace. And you had managed to find a small couch tucked away in the back corner behind a shelf of old and musty books. It was perfect. And so you grabbed a book from the shelf and made yourself comfortable on the older couch, happy to have a break from all the new. You could finally just relax and get lost in a fantasy world of old... or so you thought. One minute the book was in your hand the next it wasn't! It's like it had vanished from midair! Jumping up a bit you looked around to see if maybe someone had just swiped it and was hiding behind a shelf with it just to play some silly prank... or maybe Kurt could also teleport objects? No, that was a silly thought. You sat back down and huffed, slightly mad that the book was nowhere to be found. And then in an instant you felt the presence of someone else on the couch. "You know all these books are incredibly booooooring~ you need something with a little more... Pizzazz! Like a comic book or something, dude!"

And that moment was the first time that you had laid eyes on who you would soon find out was Peter Maximoff. He had silver hair which even for a mutant was rather strange, and he wore these weird googles on top of his head, and he had a bright silver jacket to match his strange hair. You unfortunately were a bit dumbfounded, he had kind of just appeared out of nowhere, you didn't think people could share mutations, but maybe he could teleport too? "Uh...um what?" you managed to sputter out. He just looked at you funny "You need better books. These are all so bland, they don't even have super heroes or dragons! Oh... shoot I think I forgot to introduce myself, names Peter and sorry about stealing your book, I can't help taking things from pretty people." ignoring that he had called you pretty you looked at him with a stern expression. "That wasn't cool 'dude' but you did apologize so i guess its ok... how did you take it though? I didn't even notice" his eyes widened and his smile grew, it was childish and kind of...cute. "Oh yeah, I'm just really fast." that would explain it, and it would explain what you felt and saw in the halls. "Huh, that's cool i guess. Well if you'll excuse me i'd like to get back to my book peter." as you attempted to grab it from his hands he flashed over to the bookshelves across from you. "I don't think so, i think you're just gonna have to come get it yourself!" with that he sped off again. He was insufferable... but in just two short months he would become your best friend.