The Aftermath

It was dark. Very dark. I felt pain in my head like a splitting headache. I opened my eyes and was met with a bright shining light. The sun was high and sunny and everyone here looked as if nothing bad had ever happened to them. I breathed in and out as I regained consciousness. I tried to stand up but my legs were too weak. I brushed the asphalt off my forehead and tried to remember where I was. "Raven are you okay!" I heard a familiar voice yell as he ran towards me. "Um....yes I think. What happened." "Well um..."Beast Boy muttered looking uncomfortable "Let's get you back to the tower. Can you walk?" He asked "Um I don't think so." I told him he looked weird at me for a second and then picked me up bridal style and started off to the tower. The walk was silent and full of awkward looks and blushing. "Hey guys I'm back!" He yelled into the seemingly empty place the rest of the Titans quickly came out of their rooms to see what the noise was about and looked shocked at us. Starfire even dropped her cup on the floor. "Oh great now their going to make fun of in three two one" I thought but that didn't happen. They just looked shocked Robin finally spoke up "Um...Raven!" Was all he got out Beast Boy gave them a look and took me to the med lab. "So what was all the shock out there about?" I asked "Oh um.... nothing their just weird." He joked "Hmmm" I wondered "Um goodnight." He said practically running out of the room. "What could he be so worried about?" It ate away at me all night. Then at about midnight I saw a light under the door of the medical bay. Then I heard whispers familiar whisper. "How could you........" A faint voice said "It's been so long......" Another said defensively "But what if we....." one suggested "No....crazy..." A different voice said I didn't know what they had been whispering about that they didn't want me to hear. But I had a feeling the aftermath would be much worse than the first wave.