Excuses

Days turned to weeks weeks turned to months. Every time I thought about leaving there was a new excuse to stay.  "The time streams not stable, the portal isn't strong enough, its to late to leave now." There was one that repeated quite often though "Their not ready for me to leave." But the very real truth was that it wasn't them who wasn't ready to leave. I had gotten to attached back in my own home it was normal but here I was treated like royalty because they missed me so much I was honored like a queen. And I loved it. "Your manipulating there feelings for your own comfort. That's some your father would do." My better nature argued. "But they still need you here." The other part of me argued. I just couldn't leave yet. I couldn't just go back to normal. I was in the library one day when I should have been leaving and saw a book. "Interdenominational Travel and what it means for your own Denomination." I said reading the cover. Though it only reminded me that I should have left I opened it despite myself. Then I read  the section titled "Is it another dimension or time loop?" And reality set in. This was a time loop. I went into the portal I stayed here and this happened. It would always happen no matter what loop I went into this happened. I had to leave! It might not be to late if I left right now I might be able to save them from this fate if I escaped right now I dropped the book and started to open the portal and then he appeared behind me. "Are you leaving?" Beast Boy asked I was at a loss for words again but I pulled myself together. "Yes." I said in the best monotone I could muster. "But...but" he whimpered I almost wanted to run back and give him a hug and promise to never leave. Almost. I had a mission a mission to be back where I belonged and I couldn't stop now. "I have to. If I don't this will happen where I'm from." I said pointing around "But what about us. I mean this!" He stammered  I walked closer to him. "If I can get back to where I'm from and stop this then your Raven she'll come back too and you'll be okay." He sniffed "Do you promise?" He asked "I promise." I said not really believing it. He gave me a long hug and said "Okay." As I created the portal I looked back and saw him giving a sad wave and I smiled and waved back leaving stopping the excuses.