Chapter 4

Caged

She woke with a pounding in her head. Her throat was dry and rasping. She was in a cage and the face of a red haired male elf caught in a sneer was in her sight.

She sat up and found herself on a wooden bench. She sat and scuttled  to the far back wall. Reaching the end of the bench she huddled in the corner. She noted the elf motioning and speaking to her cage.

She remembered the cages. She knew what happend in them. The orcs had taught her well about metal bars. She closed her eyes to calm her primal side to fight and throw herself at the bars. It wouldn't do any good.

The smell tickled her nostrils the quite sounds of his breathing she noted as well. She didn't acknowledge him. He had captured her let him be the first to talk. She knew begging and pleading would do no good. Asking questions only caused more pain.

"When a king enters your prescense it would be wise to acknowledge him. Considered how you have been poaching my lands for some time I would not suggest for you to go any furthur in angering me." his cool resonate voice was like the first frost. The killing frost. Always memorable and drew attention to itself.

She didn't speak wondering how much patience this elf had. Long moments of tension filled silence followed. She simply studied him in her peripherals.

'aren't you a regal one. Not only smells like a king, walks like a king, and talks like a king; he even dresses the part as well. ' she sneered to herself.

"You have quite the collection of scars tell me where did you get them? How many more of you are there? How do you know the bear skin changer? Tell me these things and your punishment will not be as severe."

She laughed from a place deep inside her body. She couldn't resist it was just too ironically hilarious.

**************★**************

His frown deepened at the creatures arrogance to laugh at him. He was giving her a chance at imprisonment rather than death. She was laughing at him!

"Please share in the joke if you would" he steeled himself against her words to come.

The golden brown hair shifted to reveal golden green eyes. They glowed in the dim light inhumanly. Her eyes were cat like a expressive. If somewhat unsettling since she seemed not to blink. Her movedments were cat like. The way she turned her head. He saw the animal in her human form as well.

"No joke. Simply the Funny thought of a lighter sentance. Your idea of mercy is a strange one. Though I didn't expect much better." she smirked revealing her incisors which were pointed and noticeably sharp.

"You will come to.find it is better to stay in my good graces. Now be a good pet and answer my questions" he waited for the rise he would get out of her.

She was at the bars in moments a loud feline growl echoing through the chambers. Her pupils were cat shaped.

" Your good graces?! Your pet?!" she growled lowly eyes locked onto his own.

"Ha! Your mercy is as useless as the organ in your chest. Let us make one thing clear elven king. I would rather die than be here for the remainder of my life.You'd be doing me a favor in killing me." she stepped back opening up her arms in surrender.

"Do your worst. I promise you nothing is new to me. Not your cages or your mind games. Nor even your tortures i would wager.You have nothing over me. And you will never garner whatever information you think I have. So go ahead kill me. .. make my day."

With that she sat back down in her corner and he remained silent. This had to be the most pissy and temperamental female he had ever had the displeasure of meeting. Hde simply smiled and nodded in understanding. He wondered what she meant by nothing was new.

What made her so fearless?

**************★**************

The king left her be and she found herself shifting and pacing the small cell. She wouldn't die here in this place. Not in a cage or by the hands of cruel masters. She was no ones slave anymore.