Chapter 28

All heart could be warmer. . .

She sat crying before her fire. She hadn't cried in a very long time. She hadn't slept and now in the early morning light she didn't want to. She looked out at the storm clouds coming in. At the mist rising into the air.

She stood and took a walk. She wanted to disappear into the mist. She wanted to lay down and curl into a ball and be cover in frost to numb her and her cats pain. Loneliness. Sadness. Desolation.

She wouldn't endeavor to warm his heart anymore. She couldn't so as she sat by the stream and cried she caoncentrated on the pitter patter of the rain. She hoped to lose her self between the rain drops.

She allowed a single cry of pain to escape before she froze her vocal cords. She would let no one know she was weak. No one could ever know she had a heart and feminine emotions like anyone else. She was the domina she was string and fierce. She didn't need to cry.

A cool hand pulled her face up and pulled her into a warm chest. She knew who it was. She couldn't bring herself to pull away so she cried into the tunic of her once friend.

"I am. . . sorry. I am sorry." he said brokenly.

"How far did you get?" she wondered through her tears.

"To the falls until I turned around. I couldn't leave things between us like it was. I am sorry. Will you forgive me for my spiteful and hurtful lies?" he asked in a tone that told her he didn't expect forgiveness.

She thought about it for long moments. Her anger had gotten her no where. Her heart had screamed at her to forgive him. Her mother had always told her to follow it where ever it led to. So she did for the first time in a long time.

"You have my forgiveness but I don't trust you. It will take time." she murmered gazing up at him.

"We are immortal you and I we have all the time in the world." he said smiling at her as he had during the rainy run.

"Well then." she stood letting the rain brush across her upturned face for a moment before gazing at him.

"Where do we go from here?" he asked.

"I'm thinking a bed to sleep and then food after. We will figure the rest out once we get there." she said.

He reached her his arm and they walked back to the cabin. there they lay upon her bed. He curled around her. Both slept deeply and peacefully the first time it seemed in a long time.

All the world was right it seemed in the aftermath of the storm they had come out stronger. They had come out warmer. And the fates smiled down upon them. As the stars shunned brighter and all the world was quite in awe.

Authors note: this is not the end. we still have some ways to go.