Team

Two days earlier

I have a feeling that I still miss something. Walrider Project does not bring the desired effects and we are wandering in the dark like children in the fog. None of the patients are not even to a small extent prepared to accept Walridera. Gluskin, Billy Hope and even Rick Trager proved to be too weak. . too alive. I want blood, fresh blood.

"Why such care for Upshur?" It sound harsh.. too harsh. Was he really jealous of little Waylon?

"I feel guilty."

Of course.

They sat in silence without saying anything.

"All doors and entrances are closed. He's not be able to get here", said Blaire suddenly.

"Do not underestimate him."

Jeremy laughed out loud, which a little scared Waylon, because Jeremy laughter was heard only when someone was hurt.

"I underestimated you, too, Waylon Park. But anyway - I need an assistant."

"Assistant? What about Kristen?"

"Kristen has different priorities ... I need someone more professional. Despite the fact that you are foolish - you graduate from Berkley. Someone else will take care of the works with resonance. I have something for you, well, special. More personal."

There he stood up, circled the sofa and laid the hands behind the Waylon shoulders.

"There's an algorithm, which can not be broken by the biggest brains of corporations. You take this."

So Blaire was more than a manager. He held a care of..

"I tried to do"

Waylon felt cold around his whole body and even he didn't see Blaire he was sure that Jeremy pierced him with eyes.

"Just curious... I... Failed"

Blaire smiled a little surprised, but still with pride.

"Apparently you did not have enough motivation. Now you have it. So get to work. Laboratory in Block B, there will be waiting for you. - there gave him a bunch of keys"

Waylon stood up stunned, not really knowing what do.

"Do they know?" he asked quietly; hardly heard to.

"They know what?"

"About the mail"

"No one except me and Andrew knows. Better to stay that way, huh?"

"Of course, Mr. Blaire"

"From now on, we're on the same team. Call me Jeremy"

It sounded so grotesque that Waylon barely stopped himself from laughing.

"Anything else?" Blaire snapped, sitting on his chair.

"Then- in the basement. Why did you tell me about the treatment... when I have to take care of the algorithm?"

What was he supposed to say? That Andrew destroyed the entire plan founding an email? That he panicked?

"I changed my mind. Now fuck off"

Waylon smiled and just before he left, he stopped at the door.

"Of course, Jeremy"

Then he opened the door and went out.