chapter 11

Did you tell anyone your secret?

Besides you and me, there was one other person who knew my secret.

Too bad he never lived to tell it.

It’s been two weeks since John died and almost three months since Aaron died. Mom was living with her sister because she says she couldn’t sleep in the same room her mother was murdered and Aiden and I are still having sex.

I drove to school and people ignored me—news died out about my step dad.

When I unlocked my locker, a surprise was waiting for me.

It was a note.

I know what you did. If you don’t want me to tell anyone you’re secret then meet me in the auditorium after school.

I didn’t recognize the handwriting though.

All day, I have been sweating bullets. Who knew my secret?

Aiden asked to come over after school but I told him he couldn’t. That was the first time I had ever denied him to come over.

So after school I went to the auditorium; my heart beating faster then ever. Who could have known my secret?

“I’m glad you came.”

The voice came from behind. But that’s not why my heart stopped—I knew that voice.

I turned around and Robert Davis stood before me.“Why are you here?” I asked him, hiding the fear in my voice.

“I know you kill Aaron.” He smirked.

“Aaron who?”

Maybe if I played dumb, he will think that he made a mistake.

“You know who I’m talking.”

“Actually, I don’t.”

“The police said Aaron committed suicide in that abandon house outside of town so I went there to see if it was true and that’s when I found this.” He holds up my necklace that said ‘Melanie’.

I totally forgot I had it on and I didn’t even notice I was no longer wearing it.

Before I tell you the story of how I killed Robert Davis, I’m going to give you tell you the background story of my necklace.

My dad got it for me for my 16 birthday. I know he died when I was six.

But before I was born, dad had someone handmade me a necklace. And plus its real gold.

So when he died, mom hid it from me and gave it to me on my 16 birthday.

But back to the story.

So my eyes widen as he dangled the necklace in front of me.

“We can’t talk here,” I told him. “Give me you’re phone number and I’ll text you on when you can come over my house so we could talk.”

He obeyed and I got in my car and I drove home not seeming to stop the tears.

When I got home, I immediately went to my room.

Think Melanie, think.

Robert is probably a virgin cause he’s such a nerd so I could offer him sex for his silence.

No, I can’t stoop that low.

Maybe he wouldn’t go to the police.

No, Aaron was his best friend and he’s always doing the ‘right’ thing.

As I thought of a way to stop Robert, I got angry.

I’ve been getting angry a lot—maybe I should get help for that.

And then, I had it—the perfect plan.

Robert can’t tell anybody if he’s—dead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 votes till next upload :)