Chapter 13

A week later, Robert’s body was found.

The first thing I was thinking? Took them long enough; like why the fuck did it take them so long to find that bastard?

So what happened next?

Instead of crying their hearts off, everyone was scared. Three people did in three months? People were afraid they were next.

How did I feel about this?

Did I feel guilty about these people’s fear?

Hell no; I’m laughing on the inside.

First of all; No one is pointing their fingers at me, not even the cops (those idiots).

Second of all; I got away with murdering three people, imagine what I could get away with. Theft? Robbery? Oh and don’t forget adultery (oh wait I got away with that too didn’t I?)

I’m more powerful then the queen of England and these idiots don’t even realize it. So who should be next? I always hated Zoey White. She’s like the typical bitch cheerleader who thinks she runs everything and everyone. She is so cliché and I HATED clichés.

So did I kill her? Um, maybe.

You could believe me or not but the guilt did come even if it was only for a few weeks, I did feel guilty.

I wanted to spend time with Aiden so I skipped second period to see him cause I know he doesn’t have a class second period.

Throughout these past few weeks I realized something. I came to the conclusion; I did have a heart even though I said I didn’t.

Two reasons why I think so.

1. I killed three people; I know but think about it. I saved lives here. Aiden was about to rape me; imagine how many girls I saved from getting rape by Aiden Martin. And my stepfather? He’s a fucking bastard; he’s been raping me since I was twelve. So I’m like superman in some sort. So just call me super girl.

What about Robert?

What about him? No one really liked him anyways so he doesn’t really count.

2. I came to the conclusion that I am in love with Aiden Smith. People who have no heart don’t love.

But back to my story.

I went to visit Aiden and he had his head down on his desk.

He looked sad and my stomach twists. I just wanted to take his sadness away.

I walked in quietly and his head stayed on the desk.

I stood in front of his desk. “Are you okay?” I asked gently.

“I don’t know.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Are you really asking me this?” His head snapped up.

“Is it your wife? Did she find out about us?”

And then he glared at me. “Are you dense? Do you not realize what’s happening in this town?”

“I—I—um.”

“Three people are dead and who knows who could be next? I’m just trying to protect my family.”

“What about me?” I cried.

And then his eyes soften from the glare. He got up from him chair and came over to me and wrapped me in a hug.

“Of course I want to protect you; I really care about you.”

“Do you mean it?”

“Of course.” I unwrapped myself from him and kissed him softly on the lips.

“Can I ask you something?” He nodded. “This thing we have between us—is it just about sex or do you feel something more?”

He sighed putting his hands in his suit pocket. “Um, I’m really confused about this thing we have going on here but I can tell you that it’s not just about the sex.”

I smiled happily and I jumped on him, embracing him with a hug.

“Oh Aiden Smith, you just made me happy woman.”

He laughed and hugged me back.

Feeling the warmth off his hug, I came to another conclusion.

I have to stop; for Aiden. I can’t stand him being unhappy and I’m willing to stop killing for him.

I mentally promised him this.

Did I keep that promise?

No.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 votes pls