Chapter 18

Aiden’s POV

I knew Melanie wouldn’t kill them unless I was there so I’m buying us some time. I ran downstairs in search for someplace to hide so I ran to the kitchen.

Not the smartest move but I need to do something.

Think Aiden think.

My phone!

I quickly took out my phone in my pocket and dialed 911 and waited anxiously for someone to answer my call.

“911 what’s your emergency?” A male voice said.

“Please help me. My family and I are being attack.” I said in one breath.

“Sir, calm down. May I please have your address?”

I was about to answer the man when I heard Melanie yell in a taunting voice, “Aiden? Where are you? Come out wherever you are.”

“Sir?” The male voice said.

“129 Maple Ave.” I whispered and quickly hung up the call. I tried to find somewhere to hide but I accidentally knocked over some pots off the counter.

My heart rate beat faster as I heard Melanie’s feet increasing near.  

“Ah there you are.” I didn’t have to turn around to know that she had a smirk plastered on her face.

I quickly grabbed something for protection and her laughter echoed throughout my ear when she saw the pan in my hand.

“Aiden, we are missing you upstairs.” She pouted walking closer to me and I held out the pan in a threatening way which caused her to laugh louder.

“Aiden I have a gun, do you really think I’ll be scared of a pan? Now let’s go back upstairs.” She held out her hands to me and instead of grabbing it, I ran away from her but I didn’t get far when a shot echoed throughout my ear and I fell to the floor crying out in pain.

I clutched my leg as blood tinkled down my leg. Shit that’s more painful than the blow to my arm.

“If you won’t come upstairs then I’ll just have to bring them down.”

And then she ran upstairs.

Melanie’s POV

I quickly ran upstairs and kicked the door to his bedroom open and both Holden and his mom where in the same place I left them, both struggling to get out.

I walked up to Holden and ripped the duct tape off his mouth and he winced in pain.

“Leave my family alone.” He yelled.

I smirked yanking on his hair, putting the gun to his chin and he yelled out in pain. “Look you little shit shut the fuck up or I will blow your fucking brains out. Do you understand?” He nodded, not saying anything. “Good now I’m going to untie you and if you try to run away, I won’t hesitant to shoot.”

I went behind him and let him free and he didn’t try to run away. Good boy. I grabbed hold of his black hair and dragged him downstairs to where Aiden was before I left him.

“Hey Aiden I’m back and look who I have with me.” I pushed Holden in front of me and held the gun to his head. “Say goodbye to little boy.”

“No!” Aiden yelled but I ignored him.

I was about to pull the trigger, completing my plan but the front door flew open and cops surrounded me.

“Drop the gun.” Someone yelled. I obeyed, slowly putting my gun to the floor and then one of them attacked me putting my hands behind my back.

“Let go of me.” I yelled.

But the cop wouldn’t listen as he recited my Miranda rights.

And then he put me in the back of his cop car and we drove away from Aiden’s house.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 votes