Locked. part 1- Jam

(set before season 4)

It was only about a week ago.

A week since your incident...

"fuCK," you shouted. shortly followed by a clang of metal and you falling to your knees. "SHIT" you shouted again this time with a slight tint of despair woven into your exclamation. you looked down at your hands, red. it was burning. burning your hands and your legs.

"shit, shit, shit!" you tried to get up on your feet, but quickly slipped down again. you sat there feeling the red liquid slowly cooling down on your fingers, lifting up your hand you stared at it, almost in awe before you heard someone fumbling at your lock.

"y/n?" a concerned voice rattled through the thin glass door "are you..." they stopped as the door swung open and she placed her small hand over her mouth. shocked.

"Laugh all you want Martha..." you sighed, analyzing your situation as you sat there, next to your stove in your pajama shirt and shorts. legs splayed in front of you along with a pan filled with squashed strawberries, "it doesn't get worse than this." you were both clearly holding back a laugh as you tried to stand again and quickly slipped back down again. she let out a cackle as she held out her hand. she looked frail but boy that woman has a grip.

"how did you get yourself into this mess?" she said brushing her hands off on her floral dress,

"I was making jam again." you looked at the cream tiled kitchen floor. it almost looked like a crime scene, "thank god I have a landlady like you." you smiled at her as you turned to grab your mop and bucket on the Otherside of the kitchen.

"you are lucky, now get in the shower, ill take care of this."

"but.." you stopped in your sticky, jammy tracks

"yes I'm not your housekeeper but I can bloody well be your mother, and I don't think you know how to clear this mess up. now go!" you scurried off into the bathroom trying not to tread jam everywhere.

As you got out of the shower and got into some jeans and a baggy t-shirt, as you left your room, you stood in awe as Martha had cleaned up the entire mess.

"Oh my god! thank you so much" you felt a smile smear across your face, as you walked over to hug her you saw a man stood in the corner holding a mop, he dressed smart but more like a farmer going to a fancy dinner than blazer and tie, his hair was blonde but quickly going grey, he stood straight. like your mother did "are you a soldier?" you blurted out not thinking "oh I'm so sorry, Hi I'm y/n " you said with a welcoming smile. he seemed to laugh at your mistake in a joking way

"I was worried there was going to be another one!" he said chuckling at Martha "I'm John, Mrs Hudson was just telling me about you" he smiled so sweetly but you were still on edge

"another one?"

"you must know who lives above you dear..." Mrs Hudson said, concerned . "you haven't bumped into him yet?" 

"uh no I don't think so..." you were more concerned than Mrs Hudson was. you glanced at your clock above the cooker, it was splattered with numerous foods. you tried to cook... wait. "Shit I need to go!" you turned on your heel, pulling on your yellow coat. grabbing your phone you hugged Mrs Hudson goodbye and said something along the lines of "goodbye lovely seeing you!" to John but your words got mumbled. and you probably said "good-lovely you!" 

As you rushed out the front door you saw a man behind you, knowing it was probably john going back to his flat you held the door open for him, pulling up your umbrella as the rain smashed down onto the pavement, "it's almost hailing" you smiled as you turned around to see a tall man dressed much smarter than John.

"you're not john..."                                                                                                                                                                     "you're not john either..." 

Before he could speak you blurted out "you thought I was John?" you laughed holding the umbrella up higher for him to step under.

"what are you doing" his words sounded almost offended.

"I'm - I'm holding up an umbrella for you." you stuttered. intimidating much?

"Okay," he stepped out, taking the umbrella from you 

"What are you doing?"

"calling us a cab."

"us?"

"well, we are going to Scotland yard right?"

"well yes... wait how did you..?"

"I'll explain later," he said thrusting his arm into the air as he called for a taxi.

something doesn't feel right about this. getting in a taxi with a strange man that knows where I'm going. this goes against everything my mother taught me, as I ducked into the taxi the strange man held out his hand, I took it and shook it.

"I'm Sherlock Homes. it will be nice working with you. sergeant y/l/n"

You turned back to slump into the uncomfy leather chair, grabbing ahold of the yellow handle on the door, gripping it so hard your hand went white

"careful. don't hurt yourself." he muttered, a childish smirk was wiped accross his face.

a/n this was pretty short but hope you liked it so far, i want to get some feedback for this because im not sure if i like it yet? but i might start this as a mini series? i dont know, please comment and tell me what you thought :)