Locked- part 2

--- (Y/B/F) = your best friend ---

"I'm sherlock homes. it will be nice working with you."

The words rang in your head, dodging and looping through any possible scenario, you couldn't fathom what he would mean by 'working with you',  

the taxi ride was quiet and the air felt tight and cold, you tried to breathe quietly because the noise inside the cab was condensed to the shuffling of the cabbie with his wax coat and sherlock's  consistent, non stop, tapping on his phone. you tried to start a conversation more than twice, breaking away from your fixed view of the rain droplets sliding down the thin windows of the small black cab in order to try again, you turned to see him staring right at you. 

his eyes seemed to pierce through your skin, he had a hard stare that made you feel judged, weighed up, exposed. his blue-green eyes flicker, scanning you.

"what are you doing?" you started timidly but quickly grew intimidating, what was this guy doing? your comment came out as more of a bark than expected which caused Sherlock to squint slightly and straighten up more, his hair flopping backwards in the proccess.

"you are still quite uptight aren't you." he said in a deep hushed tone, almost to himself

"excuse me ?" you got quite flustered, and protective of yourself and in this sudden moment you grew quite annoyed with this myseterious man and the way he composed himself, and abruptly slapped him before asking the cabbie to stop, thanking him for the ride and shutting the door behind you. smiling as you waved sherlock and his confused face off as the cab drove off through the streets of london.

Thankfully the cab wasn't too far away from Scotland Yard and you made it through the doors on time and quickly trotted down the stairs to put on your uniform quickly, shirt, trousers, tie, hat.  As you had a morning breifing with the DI in 10 minuites, you hurried up the stairs after checking your tie was in the correct place and tucked your hat tightly underneath your arm. you passed the mirror and caught a glimse of your sergeant stripes on your left arm, you smiled at your mother, as if she was there behind you, beaming that proud grin at you.

You were one of the first officers in the briefing room and as you sat down next to your co-worker, (Y/B/F). They turned to you quickly and began talking about this man walking in this morning, and how they reconised him from the papers. you dismissed it with a brief shaking of your head. this was scotland yard, people here are always in the papers. (Y/B/F) was the first person you met when you joined the 'westminter squad', they showed you around and let you adjust to the major difference in work enviroment from your old job. this included alot of taming the shouts and orders blurting from your mouth every 5 minutes.

you saw the DI walk in, he was medium height and had grey hair. introducing himself as DI Lestrade, you quickly reconised him from a case a while back, something to do with a serial killer that gave you a choice? two pills or something or other, you heard it before as you were leaving to start your shift at westminster station one night. he was complaining about someone, you remember swearing and alot of "he's making a fool of us!" 

DI lestrade breifed you on a suspected serial killer that was "being a major pain in the arse" in london, we were given photos of suspects and told to arrest if you spot them, as you scanned through the faces you saw the obvious trend. like always, the classic middle aged, plump, cockney backround, white men were printed on the page infront of you, nothting too different. you stuided the pictures remebering the faces before pushing it out infront of you.

you looked up to see lestrade introducing a man to the squad

"for fucks sake not you" you muttered under your breath.

-----

Heey kids ;0 i hope you liked that, its shorter i think but im really happy about being back lol. please feel free to give feedback in the comments and voting would help out a whole lot :0 i really enjoy hearing from you guys :) !!

hope you enjoyed, Ella x <3