sixteen

a/n: I am aware that it has been ages but tbh this fic sucks anyways so idk if I'm sorry

After recovering from his initial shock and confusion, Luke picked up the journal Calum gave him, and tentatively opened it. On the first page were the words "For Luke, with love" written in swoopy, gold letters. The second page, however, was less pretty, but a whole lot more informative.

Luke,

If you're reading this, then that means I have admitted my feelings for you, and have probably disappeared.

You must be confused, so let me just clarify a few things. Guardian angels have sacred rules, rules that cannot be broken under any circumstance.

I have just broken one - or two, depending on how it all went.

1) Angels are forbidden from falling in love with and expressing that love to humans, especially their human.

2) Angels are not allowed to initiate kisses with humans, or partake in more intimate activities.

The reason I disappeared was because I was taken back to "headquarters," and will soon receive my punishment. From what I know, they're going to erase all my memories. All of them. They're going to be replaced with fake ones, therefore making Calum Hood my only identity. I'll only remember things from this lifetime, except you. Needless to say, I'm no longer your guardian angel.

This is why I'm writing this journal. I'm going to write down everything I remember of my past lives spent with you, so that way they're not gone forever. I'm also going to write down everything I've been told about myself - that sounds weird. I mean, I'm going to write down everything you need to know about Calum Hood.

Luke, I need you to find me. Please.

Luke blinked a couple times, trying to understand what the hell was going on. So... Calum was no longer his guardian angel, but an actual person? Living out their life? With a weary sigh, Luke kept reading, trying to make sense of it all.

I've given you a photo album with pictures of "my" childhood, and of "my" family. Hopefully, they'll help.

Luke read some more before picking up the photo album. Throughout the pages were photos of young Calum and his older sister, photos of their parents, and little comments about each member. Luke didn't know what to make of this. How was he supposed to use this? Did Calum expect him to fly out to New Zealand, hunt him down?

Suddenly, he got an idea. He grabbed his phone and opened up the texting app, scrolling through to find his texts with Ashton. He would be able to help, as he was still back in Australia with Mikey.

Luke: Ash, I need your help. I need you to find someone from NZ

It was pretty late at night for Ashton, so Luke didn't expect an immediate response but he kept texting.

Luke: His name is Calum Hood. I'll explain everything over the phone with you but I need to get in contact with him

He explained a little more before tossing his phone to the side and pressing his palms into his eyes. He sighed loudly and leaned back, trying to clear his mind for a moment.

What the hell was going to happen next?