Chapter 2: Meeting the Staff & "Mr. Broadway BigShot"

After we had dance lessons with Julianne, I decided to go to me and my sister's cabin to unpack my luggage. When that was finished, I rummaged through the shared closet that me and Lela had and I picked out what I should wear for our first night at Kellerman's. I chose my light pink, yellow, green & purple dress from the OASIS store, nude colored flats, my gold heart necklace, my watermelon ring on my left hand and my blue sweater from Michael Kores with my hair curled. "Hey Mom, Dad. I'm gonna go up to the main house to check the place out." I said as I walked over to their cabin. "Alright sweetie. Be back before dinner." They said smiling as my dad was finishing getting ready for dinner while buttoning up his suit jacket and my mom was curling her hair. I walked down the pathway and marveled at the beautiful sunset. After that, I decided to walk up the stairs to the main house to see what it all looked like. As I looked over at the beautiful scenery on the balcony, I walked near the dining room door and listened in to Mr. Kellerman who was holding a notepad, wearing the same suit he greeted us in that day, giving the waiters, who were all standing in front of the tables and were all wearing white buttoned up shirts with a black tie, black dress pants, black dress shoes and their hair slicked back nicely, a set of rules to follow for the next three weeks. "Gentleman, there are two different types of help here at my Resort. I went to Yale, Stanford and Harvard to hire you. And why did I do this, tell me again?" Mr.Kellerman asked them as the waiters all shrugged their shoulders. "I shouldn't have to remind you guys. This is a family resort hotel. That means you guys keep your fingers out of the water, your hair out of the soup and show these daughters a great time. All the daughters, even the dogs." Mr.Kellerman said as the waiters laughed. "Take em' out on the golf course, show em' the stars. Romance em' anyway that you want too." Max said as the waiters all nodded their heads in agreement as the back door to the dining room opened up. A guy who was wearing black rayband sunglasses, a black t-shirt, black jeans, and black converse with his hair slicked back like that guy who was on the tv show BrainDead walked in carrying his black leather jacket with some of the other resort's staff carrying in guitar cases and amplifiers. "You got all that right, fellas?" The guy said as he walked in smirking as the rest of the staff behind him laughed. "Hey! Hold it!" Max exclaimed as the guy wearing the black t-shirt took off his sunglasses smiling. "Well, if it isn't "Mr. Broadway Bigshot" and his crew. Listen Tveit, you've got your own set of rules: You dance with the daughters, teach these girls the Mambo, Cha-Cha and anything else they pay for. But, that's it. It ends right there. No funny business, no fraternizing with these girls like last year, and keep your hands off! Got it?" Mr.Kellerman exclaimed to the guy as he nodded his head. After Mr.Kellerman left, the guy and the rest of the staff were walking out the door. "So, do you think you can keep that straight Aaron? What you can and can't keep your hands on?" The waiter with brown hair said smirking. "You just put your pickle on everyone's plate, Richy Rich. Just leave all the hard stuff to me, K?" The guy said as he flicked the waiter's napkin off the guest's plate smiling before putting on his raybands and walking out the door.

When my family arrived to dinner that night, we were greeted by Mr

When my family arrived to dinner that night, we were greeted by Mr.Kellerman and the same waiter that I saw as I checked out the dining room. "Finn,Rachel, Lela, Nikki, I'd like you all to meet your waiter, Ricky Gould. He goes to Yale Medical School." Mr.Kellerman said smiling at the young man. "Wow. Another young Doogie Howser." My dad said laughing as my sister stared at Ricky smiling. Lela was wearing a light blue dress with a yellow ribbon on the waistline, white flats and a yellow headband ontop of her straight black hair. "Ricky, these people are my special guests. So whatever they ask for, give it to them." Mr.Kellerman said smiling at us nicely. "Thanks again,Max." My dad said as Max walked off to attend to his other guests. "So what would you folks like to order?" Ricky said as he began taking our orders.

"My, word. Look at all this leftover food." My mom said feeling stuffed like a turkey like the rest of us. "Are there still starving children in Europe, Nikki?" My older sister asked me as she drank a sip of her water. "Try Southeast Asia, sis." I said smiling at her. "Oh, right." She said smiling at my parents. "Ricky, Nikki wants to send her leftover steak to Southeast Asia. So any foil that you have leftover in the kitchen, could you wrap it up?" My dad asked Ricky as he laughed and took away our finished plates. "Max, Did you know that Nikki got a scholarship to Juilliard?" My dad said bragging on me like he's done since my high school graduation. "Oh, what are you gonna do?" Mr.Kellerman asked me smiling. "I'm going to study Ballet. I got accepted into their ballet company. It's not that big of deal." I said looking down at my water glass. "It's a huge deal. Sweetheart, you've been wanting to go to Juilliard since you were 10 years old and went to New York with us back when I was on Broadway. I feel like she's living my childhood dreams though her." My mom said to Mr.Kellerman. And it was true, after my mom quit being on Broadway to help raise a family, she told me and my sister that she wanted one of us to follow in her footsteps, so here I was. "And you are you gonna do missy?" Mr.Kellerman asked Lela smiling. "Oh, Lela's going to design school in California. She's gonna decorate the world." I said smiling as Lela frowned at me. "She already does." Ricky said winking at Lela, who blushed at his comment. "Nikki, I want you to meet someone. This is my grandson, Evan Kellerman. He's going to be studying music at Berkley University in California." Max said to me as a young man with long shaggy blond hair that made him look like a rockstar and he was wearing a dark blue suit jacket, a white buttoned up shirt, black dress pants, and black dress shoes, smiling at me. "Did you know that our daughter Nikki is starting at Juilliard in the fall?" My mom said bragging on me for the 2nd time tonight to Evan while smiling at me. "Really? That's nice." Evan said smiling as I nodded.

When it was time for us to go into the main dance hall, Evan offered his hand out to dance and I couldn't refuse, so I just danced with him

When it was time for us to go into the main dance hall, Evan offered his hand out to dance and I couldn't refuse, so I just danced with him. "So what are you gonna major in when you go to Juilliard, Musical Theater?" Evan asked me as we tried to dance together since we both had two left feet when it came to stuff like this. "Trust me, I wish. I'm actually majoring in Contemporary Dance. I got a Ballet Scholarship there." I said smiling at him before looking down at my feet. "After the Big Talent Show, I'm heading back home to help finish my family's band's 3rd album before heading off to college. Me and my sister and brothers have a band together." He said smiling at me. "Oh, that's nice." I said as I kept trying not to step on Evan's feet as There Will Never Be Another You was being played by the Hotel band. "And this is our own Tito Suarez." Mr.Kellerman said introducing the older bald black man, who was on the balcony wearing a white suit jacket with a white buttoned up shirt, black tie, black dress pants, and black dress shoes, the rest of the guests looked at the man and band as they applauded. "We're so happy to see all of your smiling faces tonight at Kellerman's Resort Hotel." Tito said smiling as he did a little tap dance while the guests cheered him on. After the song finished playing, Julianne, who was now wearing a red dress with sequins, gold heels and her hair curled, with the young man that I saw in the dinning room that afternoon wearing a black tux jacket, a black bowtie, a white dress shirt, black dress pants and black dress shoes with his hair slicked back the way it was before, both walked out onto the middle of the dance floor together. As the band began playing the Mambo, Julianne and her dance partner began to move in sync together to the music. It was such a beautiful sight to see, I'll tell you that. The way that they moved together was like watching a professional dance couple from DWTS preforming for a live audience. Julianne looked so beautiful in her sequin red dress as her dance partner lifted her in the air and spun her around while her dance partner in the black suit looked and moved with the dance persona of Gene Kelly and Patrick Swayze combined. As Julianne and her partner finished dancing, Mr.Kellerman motioned for them to dance with the other Hotel guests. While Evan got ready to be the next entertainment for the night, the emcee jokester. I decided to take a walk for a little while.