Chapter 7: "To The Sheldrake & Feelings Revealed"

1st & 3rd photos: picture credit to Ryan Murphy. 2nd Photo: picture credit to Jeremy Daniel Photo

"I can't believe that it's tonight." I told Elizabeth feeling nervous as we walked to the staff cabins to talk to Julianne before her surgery. That thursday afternoon, I was wearing a white shirt with blue embroidery around the neckline, dark capris, white converse with my hair naturally curled. "The hotel's 20 minutes away, you can change at Jules's cabin." Elizabeth was wearing a summery pink t-shirt, dark blue jeans and white flats with her hair down. "Mr.Schumacher." I said as I saw him walking out of the recreation hall carrying a small briefcase. "Wait, Mr.Schumacher. We'll help you." Elizabeth said as we walked over to him to help him pick up his stuff that fell out of it. Mr.Schumacher, who had a bald head with gray hair on the sides, was wearing a white buttoned up shirt, beige pants, brown dress shoes. "Such junk." Mr.Schumacher said as he smiled at us. "Benny Bernstein's Dancing School, that's where I went when I was a teenager. My wife,Sylvia,was a teacher there. She became the love of my life. " He said smiling at us as he walked away thanking us both. We both walked to the Jules cabin to get ready for my performance with Aaron at the Sheldrake. "So I keep my shoulders down, my head up, my frame locked and stay on my toes." I said as I changed into the hot pink dress with a fake diamond waistline that Jules gave me. "Guys, what if I forget the steps?" I asked them as I took off my converse and put on the silver heels after looking at myself in her full length bathroom mirror. "Just pull up, watch your frame and let him lead you." Julianne said as I heard her voice. "Yeah, it shouldn't be that hard for you. All you've gotta do is look into his pretty blue eyes." Elizabeth said smiling as I walked out of Jules's bathroom over to her vanity mirror as Elizabeth helped with my makeup before curling my hair. "But I'm scared I'm gonna forget the spike, get dizzy, then fall and have the audience laugh in my face." I said putting my chin in my hand. "You'll do fine." Elizabeth said finishing some touch ups to my hair and put on my sister's rosey pink lipstick, which matched my dress, on me that I took from Lela's makeup drawer. "So how do I look?" I asked them twirling in my dress like I was Maria in West Side Story, going to the dance at the gym. They both nodded their heads in approval as I laughed smiling at myself in the vanity mirror. "I just wanted to let both of you girls to know that I don't kiss a lot of guys around here, from whatever Ricky might've said to y'all. I thought it was special and that he loved me." Julianne said to us as we both sat on the end of her bed while she covered up with her robe. "I'm just really scared guys." Julianne said crying nervously as we both hugged her. "It's gonna be fine. Don't worry about it, the dance is gonna go great, your surgery is gonna go great." I said as we comforted her as she nodded her head. Before I left, Elizabeth gave me a trench coat. "What's this for?" I asked smiling at her. "Just in case any of your family sees you." Elizabeth said before giving me a hug and a travel bag with my clothes in it as the girls both encouraged me to do good as I put on the trench coat. "Nikki!" Lela exclaimed to me. She was wearing a white buttoned up shirt, light blue jean shorts, white flats, with her hair straightened and a pink headband on her hair. "Lela, what are you doing here?" I asked her as I held the trench coat around me. "I was just trying to find you so we could get ready for dinner tonight. What's with the jacket?" She asked with her hands on her hips. "I just got kinda cold. Um...Lela, you've gotta to do something for me." I said as I got a text from Aaron.

-Aaron-
"Where are you? We're supposed to be leaving right now."

"I don't just have to do anything for you, little sis." She said crossing her arms. "Just tell mom & dad that I've got a horrible headache, I'm in bed and to just check on me once. Ok, thanks." I said as I walked away from her. "What? No!" She exclaimed. "Lela, I'm don't have time to argue with you. Please, just do this." I said as I smiled at her. "No! I actually think that I will speak to mommy & daddy. They should know you've been coming and going at all hours. And there's something fishy about it. In fact, I'm gonna go and tell them right now!" She exclaimed as she walked down the path to find them. "Lela! Do you remember last summer when mom & dad went to New York for their anniversary and you were supposed to stay with me?" I asked her as she turned back around. "Yeah, so why?" She asked me worriedly. "Well, I'll just tell them that you went to the Bahamas with Ryan Buchanan and left me at the house all alone." I said smirking at her. "But..... I wasn't.... I-I stayed with you." She said nervously. "I know you did. But they won't believe you. See, that's the problem with you & me. I never lie. So, can you please cover for me?" I asked her sweetly. "I guess." She said rolling her eyes. "Thanks. I'll see you later." I said as I speed walked to Aaron's car. "Where were you?" Aaron asked as he got into the drivers seat wearing his black tuxedo jacket, white buttoned up shirt with a black bowtie on it, black dress pants, black & white dress shoes with his hair slicked back as usual. "Sorry, sister problems." I said as quickly hopped into the passengers seat as I put Jules travel bag in the backseat.