Chapter 2

"What?!" I screamed. He can't take me, I have no plans of becoming an indentured servant for the rest of my life.
"Yes. I'm willing to pay double what she's worth." The man said calmly.
"What's your name, girl?" The man asked me in disgust.
My jaw dropped and I was petrified. Really?

"Her name's Myla." Mrs. Cell said.
"Alright, Myla." The man seemed to have backups, because when I ran he said "Get her!" and suddenly there were two giant men grabbing my arms. I did what any other girl would do.

I kicked one in the shins and with my now free hand, I punched the other one in the jaw. I started to run, but the shopkeeper, who said his name was Ignacio, grabbed me and hit me so hard that before I had a chance to curse their father's graves, I blacked out.

There were black spots in my vision when I woke up. I heard people talking.
"Yes, she is a hard one to manage. I want her tied up."
"Sir, she is waking up."
I kicked the guard guy one more time and Ignacio slapped me again. I muttered something, and blacked out once more.

When I woke up the second time, I refused to open my eyes. There was a horrible pain on my cheek, where the guy had hit me. I felt my hands behind my back tied in a thick rope. I opened my eyes to see that I was in a wagon. I got to work untying the knots.

I saw Bria in the wagon sitting behind me and a strange, blonde girl with grey eyes sitting next to Bria. There were 2 other girls in the wagon and one boy.
The boy had brown hair and deep brown eyes that I got lost in the second I saw them. The other two girls had brown hair and green eyes and freckles. They looked like twins. They were both wearing green, raggedy shirts with brown skirts.

"I wish I kicked the guards harder", I muttered.
The girl sitting next to Bria nearly screamed at me, "Are you crazy? You kicked the guards?!?"
"Yeah. What, didn't anyone else put up a fight?" I asked.
"You must be pretty dull.", the girl said.

"By the way, the name's Mack. And the twins are Lily and Lilac."
Lily and Lilac waved at me encouragingly. I spit at them both at the same time. Score.

"Here, this will make the pain go away." The boy handed me something that looked like a piece of candy, except it was grey and green.
"I'm not eating that." I said in disgust while flipping my hair away from him.
"Ignacio told me I had to make you eat it." He said flatly. I tried to pull away as he shoved it in my mouth. Instantly, my whole body felt better. I got really drowsy and in 3 minutes time, I was fast asleep.

Luckily I had some serious knot skills. I nearly had my hands untied. They were really tight knots, but it was a very thick rope, which worked to my advantage. I blew the hair out of my face as I worked begrudgingly.

"You feeling better?" The boy said. "By the way, my name is Jaron."
"Myla", I said back to him.
Jaron had a funny look on his face like he was having a flashback or something. He looked about a year or two older than me. He wore dirty shorts and a tattered white shirt that looked like a tunic, but probably wasn't. Me and Jaron talked for the rest of the time.
"Here comes Ignacio." Jaron whispered-yelled.
"Great." I muttered.

Ignacio and his guards walked into the huge wagon.
He glanced at my untied hands. "Any trouble in here?" he asked. "Who untied her?"
Nobody answered.
"Was it you?" He pointed at Jaron.
Jaron put his hands up in surrender to tell that he didn't.
"I did." I said.

He went to tie my hands back with a thin rope, but I pulled his hand behind his back, pulled the rope around his neck, and quickly tied a noose.

I don't regret a thing.

Ignacio and the guards had me tied with four ropes, two on my hands and two on my legs. They made the ropes tighter than necessary, I don't think I can get out of this. I pulled at the ropes desperately, hoping to do something. I couldn't move my hands or legs at all.

"Why did you tie her up?" I heard Lily ask to Ignacio.
"She tried to put up a fight when I got her. I figured she would run." Ignacio said. He had shed the nice voice after he got me.
"Just untie me, idiot." I said plainly to Ignacio. The ropes were bounding my hands back, and it hurt. Badly.
"Were almost there." One of the giant guards said.

Ugh.