Chapter 10

I climbed across the big cobblestone house to Leo's room. I tapped on the glass again, and Leo came storming to the window like he did before.
"Myla, don't even think about it." he said through the glass. He unlocked the window and helped me inside.

"Sorry about this. Clair locked me out. I can't go into the hall through here, the vigils will get you in trouble." I said.
"Well, you have to get back to your room. I can take being in trouble." he whispered.
"No. I'll find a way." I retorted.
"Fine." He said.

I started to poke around the walls and shelves. He had a very small room, about as big as 2 closets. I found a small hole in the wall barely big enough to stick my finger in. I pulled at it, and to my surprise, it opened. I walked inside the small tunnel quietly so that Jaron didn't hear me. I silently poked my eye through each hole I found through the long tunnels and finally found my way back into my room.

Why not have a bit of fun?

I went back to Jaron's room, creeping through the tunnels. I went behind Jaron's bed, still in the tunnels, and said in my most high, ghostly-voice, "Jaron. Jaron, it's me."
"What? Who are you?" he whisper-screamed.
"You know who I am. I am here for revenge." I said in my high pitch ghost voice.
"I- I don't know what your talking about!" He said nervously.
I crept through the small door back into Jaron's room laughing.
After a long argue of why I shouldn't have done that, I decided it was time to go back.

"Be safe." He said.
"You know I never am." I smiled.

Quietly, I snuck back inside my room, into my bed, and neither of the girls saw me.

I didn't have time for the luxury of sleeping. I need a plan. I need to be better at everything.

I need to win.

--------------------------------------

Bria woke up first. I started to watch her as she got dressed and brushed her hair. Right as she walked to the bathroom, Clair burst out of her bed.

"How did you get back!?" she screamed.
"I think we both know you don't care how I got back, but that I got back. So, ask a different question." I grinned.
She gave me a horrible glare (I'm the queen of glares, I should know) and started to get dressed. She combed her hair frustratedly and punched me when she was done. I was already dressed because I had snuck out.

I burst out of bed and ran downstairs. I lost track of time. Kohen would be mad.

Luckily, I was just on time. Everyone was awake and were about to start lessons. History was first today.

History.

History. The subject I despise most, even more than reading or "Acting like a princess" which was a new class. It was so boring, I already know it all. I am the Princess, duh.

I never paid any attention to any of my teachers. I obviously know everything I need to know, plus more.

"And that is how Fryna was created. Any questions?" My teacher finished.
"I have one." I said.
She waited for me to raise my hand. When I finally did, she called on me.
"Yes?" She said in a horrid, mean tone.
"Why did you wake me up from my nap?" I asked.

"You need to learn this."
"No I don't."
"You must be the princess, expect the unexpected." she said.
I slapped her really hard. "Didn't expect that, did you? I should be teaching this class." I grinned.

When it was lunchtime, we had to eat with our Reading teacher. She sat the big plate of food infront of me.
"Myla, why are you so quiet?" Bria asked me.
"You can't plan a murder out loud, now can you?" I grinned. I guess she didn't know it was a joke, because she scooted away from me quietly. I laughed silently.

Next class.

"Are you listening, Myla?"
"Okay, listen. I was napping. You don't wake someone up when they nap! Maybe I should get up there and teach you some manners, hm?" I growled.
"Myla, say one more word. I dare you." She said.
"Goodnight." I said. I love that I got on her nerves. A grin was tugging ferociously on the edges of my mouth. I wonder what she will do.

She kicked the edge of my chair which should have sent me to the ground. Luckily, I stood up just in time to avoid falling from my chair. The chair broke. Gosh, she must hate me.

I love that she hates me.

Now was the Act like a Princess class. I cursed my teacher's grave 12 times in the first five minutes. I hate this.
I hate this. I hate this.
I hate this.
I. Hate. This.

"Myla, what did your parents do for a living?" she asked.
"Impersonated Princesses. Wouldn't they be proud of me now?" I scowled.
"Myla! What did they do?" She yelled.
"They failed at whatever they did. They never cared about me, what was my right to know?" I countered.
"Tell me."
"Drug dealers, if you must know." That was a lie.
"I give up. Bria, what about yours?"
Bria answered but I didn't hear. I was tuning everything out, trying to nap. These classes weren't the bet place to sleep, who knew?

After my classes, I was exploring Kohen's tunnels when a servant came up to me.
"What are you doing here? Wait... Ella?" the servant asked.
In an instant I recognized this to be my old friend from the castle, Annabella. I called her Anna and every time I did, she nagged at me to stop.
"Anna!" I threw my arms around her.
"Annabella." she corrected me. We both giggled and she threw her arms around me too.
"What are you doing? Helping Kohen get away with impersonating a princess?" I snorted.
"My family was at the castle but Kohen gave us some debt to pay off. I'm working it off. I'll be here for another year." She told me.

Poor Annabella.

"I'm gonna get in trouble if I don't go to bed. The other girls seem to hate me more than my dad did." I grinned. She started to walk away and right as she was gone, I felt a knife at my throat.

"Myla." a voice said.
"You always have a way in finding something against me." I grinned.

"So, how are you gonna get away this time? You have no help. Nobody can get you out." Clair said.
"How am I gonna get out?" I said, "Like this."
I got a knife out that I pick pocketed from the kitchen. I quickly shoved away the end of her dagger with my kitchen knife and locked her arm behind her back. I grabbed her dagger (she was still holding it) and put it at her neck.

"That's how." I whispered.
"Myla don't do this." She squealed
"And why not?" I asked. She stared at me.
"Alright. Remember this." I let her go and sprinted away.

I slipped into bed and started thinking. I got lost in thought. Suddenly it was morning.