Chapter 11

I got up and took an early bath. I was up before anyone else. To prove that, I sabotaged Clair's breakfast. I found a bowl of ice, stuck a spoon in it, poured a thin layer of milk and sprinkled some cereal on top. I used to pull this prank all the time back at the castle.

"Myla, it's been 2 hours. Get out of the bath already!" Bria yelled. "I have to use the bathroom!"

I grinned and climbed back through the window where I was sitting. I slipped a piece of paper through the bottom crack of the door. In large letters, I had written "Sorry! Myla isn't home today. Come back soon! :)"

That got on her nerves.

She grumbled, screamed, and eventually stormed away. I climbed outside the window and looked through the window of where Clair was about to eat her breakfast. I cracked it open so I could hear the scream.

She pulled the spoon out, and pushed it back in to reveal the bowl flipping over and everything on top spitting out at her face.

This worked better than I had thought.

"Addie! You did this!" she pointed to her servant. "Why would you do this to me? I'm telling Kohen!" she stormed off.

I climbed back into the bathroom, drained the now freezing bathtub, and opened the door while combing my hair. Bria was waiting for me outside the door.

I grinned. "Having a good day?"
She grumbled a reply. "Idiot."
I walked off. Bria was a lot taller than me. I was about middle-height, but still pretty short. My father always thought it was a bad trait. I simply told him "But tall people can't fit in many hiding spaces, now can they?".

Bria and Clair went down together, whispering in each other's ears. I bet they had planned some rebellion against me, but I didn't care. I went down after them, even though I was ready earlier and could have been first to class.

"Today, I will decide our princess." Kohen announced.

Gosh, I hate Kohen.

--------------------------–—-------------

At dinner, Kohen was about to make the announcement. The other two were staring, on the edge of their seats. I, however, was staring at Jaron. He was serving us, standing in the room. I only heard a little of what Kohen was saying. I caught him right before he announced it.
He was saying "-and our princess is" right as he was cut off by Clair.

"Wait! I have to say something." Clair said. Kohen nodded at her to tell her to say it fast.
"I am the real princess of Fryna. It's me, Ella." she said. I was acting too calm, because I knew she was lying. The other two let out a big gasp while I sat calmly in my seat.
"As I recall from theft at the castle, the princesses eyes were dark blue. Not pale blue." I said.
"Ah." Kohen said, ignoring me. "So, Ella, Princess of Fryna. How did I not see it? It's so obvious."
I stared. He believes her? It's a disturbing thought that Clair could pass off as me.
"You will be taken with me when we go to claim your throne again. Follow my orders or you will be killed and one of these orphans will go in your spot, Clair. Or shall I say, Ella?"

I muttered as low as I could "Idiot."

We all rushed upstairs to bed. I was going to meet Jaron tonight.

"I know you lied." I muttered in Clair's ear while Bria was asleep.
"Why would you think that, Myla? Your just an orphan, I'm the real Princess. And an orphan is all you will ever be." I spat out a few curses and went back to my own bed. It was specifically uncozy today, but what did I care? I was about to go meet Jaron.

I went downstairs in tears to find Jaron waiting for me.
"What do I do, Leo? Clair lied. Why would Kohen believe her?" I asked, wiping a tear from my face.
"I know. Ella, we have to do something. You always come up with something. Always." He whispered softly.
"He's taking Clair. There's nothing I can do." I said. I've never cried before.
"Wait." I whispered.
Jaron put a puzzled look on his face.
"Goodnight." I said louder than anticipated and ran upstairs.

I remember Clair writing something that she thought we couldn't read because it was in a different language.
The paper said truco Kohen a pendant que soy el real...
I know what that means. 'Trick Kohen into thinking I am the real..."
Her writing was cut off. I didn't need to know the rest. I grabbed it and shoved it in my pocket. Wait until Kohen sees it.

Jaron was loading everything into the wagon for Clair to leave in. It would be Kohen, Akan, and Clair leaving. Gobi stayed with Bria and I. We both knew why.
Gobi would murder us.

I caught Clair on her way out. "You won't get away with this." I said.
"Oh, I already did." She giggled.
"Watch your back." I murmured.

After they left, I hid in the tunnels. It would be time for Gobi to act. I found Annabella again, sleeping in the tunnels. I woke her up to find her laying on a small bag of chips.
"DONT KILL ME BOGGIE MONSTER!" she screamed as she woke up, realizing she was awake.
I stared at her waiting for her to say something.
"Ohh.. hi Ella. I was just... uh-"
"Sleeping, eating chips, dreaming of the boogie monster?" I mocked her. I took a chip.
"No. It's a lot of work working for Kohen. Anyways, shouldn't you be running? I overheard basically everything happening. Don't let Gobi kill you. He may look bad, but if you get to know him-"
I cut her off. "I don't think I will live long enough to get to know him. Anyways, I have a plan." I jogged through the tunnels, wondering how lazy Annabella really was.

I ran through the tunnels into my room to find both Gobi and Bria. Gobi had a knife at her neck.
"Myla, I knew you would try to run." He pushed the knife deeper into her neck.
"What does it matter to me if you kill her?" I asked.
He hadn't thought of that. He removed the knife from her neck and started to think. In the small amount of time I had, I grabbed Bria's arm and pulled her through the window as fast as I could. I started to run.

"We have to make it to the castle before Clair does. Try to keep up. Gobi is running after us, and you would be dead without me." I said while running with Bria. I had to grab her to make her keep up.
"Faster!" I said. I threw a rock back at Gobi.
Soon, we arrived at the castle.