Chapter 8

This is the sexiest and longest chapter I've ever written. The chapter contain explicit and mature content and crass language. You've been warned.

Maila's POV:

I returned to the ball and saw my mother eying me suspiciously. I gave her a smile and entered the tent. She and my father were sitting on the table with the rest of my family. 

Maddie and Phoenix still seems to be in a heated fit. I want to scream at them to marry already. (A/N: This is author's heart screaming.. Couldn't help it.)

I looked around for Adamo and saw him sitting with Papa Fiorentino looking like they were engaged in a serious argument. I was about to go to my family's table when a body cut my way. I hate when someone cross my path blocking me. 

I looked up to see Luca smiling which looks a lot like smirk. Giovanni's smile and smirk is much sexier and beautiful than him. I raise my eyes at him in question. He maybe bigger man in size with all his muscles and long height but I am still the next boss and capable of shooting his asshole in a blink.

"May I have a dance with the lady, please?" He asks making me frown slightly. Lady?

I don't want to dance. I don't know how to dance. I only ever danced twice with Giovanni because he is an amazing dancer. I don't want him to know that I don't know how to dance so I put my hand in his. 

Stupid Female Ego.!!!

He takes me to the dance floor where a couple of guards are dancing with their wives. Viktor as always has found some slut for the night who is wearing a skimpy practically see through beige gown. When we reach the dance floor I see Giovanni enter the tent. He looks emotionless. His posture is rigid and all business. He looks in a no nonsense mood. This is his way of brooding.

My Drama Queen is sulking.

Luca stretch my left hand with his right hand and keeps his left hand on my waist. The action does not go unnoticed by Giovanni and my father and my uncles. I notice the unmistakable clenching in Giovanni's jaw and fist. 

I put my right hand on his shoulder and he moves. I don't move because I don't know what to do. When I danced with Giovanni, he instructed me throughout so I don't step on his legs or stumble. I decide to put my left leg further and as I do, I step on his foot. 

He winces but then smiles which is obviously fake. I wanted to pretend to be embarrassed but then I realize I enjoyed his expression. I also saw Giovanni smirk a little over Luca's shoulder. 

After moving back, I don't apologize and I don't think he expects me to. I put my right leg ahead his time and crush his toe satisfactorily. I look down and I try to hide a grin when he hisses audibly. 

"May I cut in?" I hear a sexy voice speak which makes me shiver and my grin fades. I look over Luca's shoulder to see a serious looking Giovanni standing with his hand outstretched.

"Sure." Luca replies almost instantly. Off course, he is sure. He doesn't want to be crippled by the time the song ends. Luca leaves us and we both didn't even pay attention to him. I keep looking at Giovanni and him at me. When I don't put my hand in his, he bring his hand down to capture mine and tugs me lightly towards him so I bump into his chest.

My eyes instantly travels towards my family's table. I see my father frowning but he is relieved. Nikolay is expressionless and Maddie and Phoenix are still arguing. My mother looks confused but she has a small smile on her face. Lyov and Isaak are rapidly chatting with each other but I see Lyov looking at our way trying to be discreet but failing miserably. 

We stand in the same posture again. This time my right hand in his left while my left hand is on his shoulder and his right hand on my waist.