Chapter 2: That Brat, Kageyama Tobio

* 2 years later *

A pale white ray of sunlight pierced through the curtains and crept across your eyes, soon forcing you to wake up. At the same time, metallic clatter of pots and pans could be heard downstairs as well as the aroma of pancakes wafting up to your room.

" Pancakes! " you shot up from your sleeping position.

Without hesitating, you took a shower and began dressing up. After putting on the blazer, you rushed down for the pancakes.

The glossy syrup was poured neatly over the pancakes as the butter on top melted ever so smoothly. On the first slice, the steam from the pancakes rose slowly and faded off into the air.

"Good luck on your first day of school."my brother, Sousuke, patted my head before leaving.

"Ehhh? You're going out so soon?" you groaned.

" Mhm. I have a competition coming up. Needa practice. "

"Hope you drown." you jokingly said.

" I hope you won't get a boyfriend. " he said and left.

"NIII-CHANN!!"

------
You put on your stockings and finally exited the house after saying goodbye to your mother.

Balancing on the edge of the sidewalk, you softly hummed a song and eventually danced and twirled along the way.

Your soft (h/c) hair which you had braided the sides of it, swayed all around cheerfully.

' I, (F/N) (L/N), Age 16, am finally making my way to my new high school after graduating from  Junior High. I have no friends as for now but maybe, just maybe i could ----'

"Oi."

"EEK!"

You turned around only to find your old friend staring at you. His navy blue eyes pierced through your (e/c) orbs leaving you awe struck.

" oh. Kageyama! You're in this school too? "

" Ahh. "

" i see. I was expecting you to go into Aoba Johsai or somethingー"

" Lets just go in. " he cut your sentence and went ahead of you into the school.

The both of you had known each other since elementary school and had been bestfriends ever since then. Unfortunately one day, half way through Junior High, you needed to leave Kitagawa Daiichi and transfered to a new school due to some circumstances. From that day onwards you never saw him again .. until today. 

' he's so different. '

You were inspecting his every detail from the back. The way he walked, his height, his arms, his slim body, EVERYTHING. It didn't seem right to you. Even his voice changed to a deeper tone.

You stopped on your tracks and finally gathered the coursge to speak up.

" you're not going to ask me anything? "

He stopped for a moment and remained silent. He didn't even turn to look at you.

" look Kageyama, i'm sorry. im sorry i left without saying anything. Its my fault. I regret --- "