Chapter 4: My Light

**y/n's POV**

That night, you decided to reward yourself with some bowls of ramen that was near your house. Yes, bowls of ramen. Apparently, unlike other girls, you were a heavy eater. But it didn't bother you since you were dead hungry at that point of time. That ramen shop was like a drinking bar to you. Like how people go to bars to drown themselves in alcohol, wine and stuff like that, you go to a ramen shop to drown yourself and forget about everything else.

The bowls were stacked on top of one another resulting in you having to pay a huge sum of money. Lucky for you, the guy who owns the shop was your uncle. He let you pay half the amount of money that you originally had to pay. Getting good grades is a way to compensate him, thats what you and him agreed on. And yes, suprisingly, you managed to meet his expectation and received your reward.

" Your mom is still working at this hour eh? " he asked.

" yeah. She told me to come here and have my dinner because she'll be coming home late. She said she will repay me so mehh. I dont mind. " you replied.

"Hooo. I'm surprised she's able to get a good job, a big house and a high pay, despite being a single mother..."

You looked down to your hands and let out a chuckle.

" yeah. She's a strong woman."

" alright, i have to go now. Needa sleep early for tomorrow's school. Byee. "

You exited the shop and walked back home.  Making your way down the slope, you squinted your eyes to see what was ahead of you. The street lights apparently didn't help. All of a suddeny there was a bark and you immediately knew it was your neighbour's dog.

"Ehhhhh Hiro-chan!" You exclaimed.

You rushed to the dog and without hesitating, you pat it.

" Its been a long time since i last saw you. "

You continued talking to him without realising someone was watching Feeling that you've being watched, you looked up only to be greeted by a certain silver-haired guy.

At first, you couldn't make out who it was due to the darkness but your eyes soon adjusted to the dark and it became clear again.

The guy before you was no other than Sugawara Koushi. The guy whom you've loved for years.

" eh?... "

" ara? (y/n)-san? "

' suga? eh sugawara? eh why is he here? and with my neighbour's dog? where does he live? is he the owner? huh i dont get it. '

You constantly poured questions in your head but your face showed otherwise.

"Do you live nearb--" his words were then cut off by your question.

" ARE YOU THE OWNER OF HIRO-CHAN??? "

His eyes widened before blinking a few times. He then slightly cover his mouth and let out the most sweetest chuckle.

"Nah. I just feel like walking with Hiro-chan. His owner is my friend."

Your face turned a little red from embarrassment.