Chapter 5: Dusk To Dawn

** Y/N's POV **

" IT'S DECIDED! IT'S DECIDED. " a familiar voice echoed through out the gym hall.

You turned to look who it was and apparently it was your teacher , Takeda sensei.

"Sensei?" you cocked your head to one side.

" The practice match against one of the top four teams in the prefecture, Aoba Josai Highschool! " he exclaimed.

Unlike them , you had your jaw drop. You've heard of Seijou. They were crazily powerful. Especially ..

"Aoba Josai .. " Kageyama whispered.
face.

" But they have a condition though. Kageyama must play as the setter the entire game,"

Your eyes widened, and as if you shared the same thought as him, you glanced at Kageyana in concern. He only nodded to sensei in reply.

" Aoba Josai is where most of the athletes from Kitagawa Daiichi moved on to. A-are you sure you're okay with that? "

" of course. I have to fight them no matter what. "

You slightly frowned as you stared at him with half-lidded eyes. Even though you weren't in the volleyball team in junior high, you knew that he had a bad blood between his team mates.

" i want to surpass him. " Kageyama whispered. You knew exactly who he was referring to.

"Mhm. I understand." you only nodded.

"Sensei, may we have the details?" Daichi asked.

" Sure. Uhmm. The schedule is sudden but its set for next week Tuesday. It will be after classes so you can only play one game. We'll rent the bus after school so make sure you are not late. "

" Understood! " everyone said in sync.

-----
The salmon pink canvas tinted with shades of orange hovered over us. The concrete floor that absorbed the heat from the sun previously, radiated heat causing you to feel a mixture of both warm and cool. Cool because of the breeze that was pounding on you.

All of you then separated ways except for you and Kageyama.

" You okay? " was the only thing you could say right now.

" yeah. just that the match won't just be a practice match. Oikawa is going to play this match as if his life depended on it, "

" mhm. You're one to say, "

"HAH?" his jaw dropped.

" heheheh -- " all of a sudden you were interrupted by certain lady.

" oh! if it isn't (y/n)-chan, "

You looked towards the direction and was greeted by lady with dark hair with grey eyes. It was Kageyama's mother.

" Ah!! G-g-good evening ! " you bowed.

Your heart was pounding like crazy because you haven't seen his mom for like an eternity after you moved out.

"Good evening to you too!"  A smile plastered on her face.

"How have you been? How was school? Oh i miss you so much! How about dinner at my house today?" Her incessant talking made you tremendously nervous. Not that you hate it. Just that, you wondered how she isn't bothered by your sudden disappearance.

" S-sorry! But i have a lot of homework today. I wish i could though. But maybe some other time?"

"Yes yes, sure!"

You successfully escaped from the awkward situation. You weren't lying though. You did have a lot of homework. But at the same time, you didn't want to be placed in such awkward situation where you and Kageyama's family  settle down on the dinner table as they question you about your life. In the worst possible circumstances, they might even question you about the reason why you moved out. Why you left without saying anything. And that is something you really don't want to talk about.

The trailing edge of the Sun's disk disappeared below the horizon creating an intense orange and red colors. and then the realisation hits you like a bolt out of the blue, it was already night time. You dashed home only to stop at the bridge.

A certain someone caught your attention. In fact, he had always caught your attention. It was Suga. Just like the other day, he's now alone under the raven sky. His eyes were sparkling as he viewed the river beneath him. But then you came to realise they weren't sparkles. They somehow.. look like ,, tears. Tears that made his eyes look glassy thus creating an illusion of sparkles.

You decided that leaving him be would be the best option. Everyone needs a period convalescence especially from something that shatters your heart.

As soon as you took a step backwards, he called out for you.

"Want to stay up with me?" He asked. Your shoulders jumped upon hearing the question.

"Uhhhh, i'm sorry but i have homework——"

"Only for a few minutes will do, (y/n)."  This time, he had his head facing me. Your eyes met with his sorrowful eyes.  You soon nodded and went right beside him.

Your heart was pounding and you kept wondering how you look like right now. Are you in a mess? Is your hair sticking out? Will he notice your flaws upon closer inspection ?

" have you lost someone very dear to you?" he questioned all of a sudden.

"............. yes. in fact, i'm pretty sure everyone has."

" thats right. but how one faces the tragedy, is different. others will move on but some will be stuck in their past. and they refuse to move forward,"

you looked at him perplexed. his tone was extremely different compared to during the day.

" what kind of guy do you think i am, y/n?"

" well... I think you're someone who is optimistic and is able to influence others with positivity. You're someone who won't give up easily and is determine to achieve your goals,"

"..... i see. so everyone thinks that way huh?"

" Suga,, tell me. What is bothering you right now? I want to help,"

For a moment, he didn't look at you. Not even a single flinch. Without hesitating, you clutched both his hands and thats when you know you fucked up.

'shit'

But despite that, you continued to hold his hands firmly. You wanted him to know that you are always there for him.

" please." you begged as your eyes were fixed onto his.

There was a long pause before he even said anything. Gathering all his courage, he finally spoke.

" i lost someone whom i loved with all my heart. someone who changed my life. the reason why i'm here right now is because of her and i'm greatly thankful for that. But now that she's gone, nothing ever seems right. I still smile, but when i'm alone, i can't help but to fall back down. This anxiety level builds up until i eventually buckle. I'm honestly the worst,"  he slightly smiled to cover his painful expression.

"Suga..."

" i love her so much,"

You thought it was his mother he was talking about until,

" she,,,my girlfriend died 2 years ago,"
__________________________________

hey hey hey. i havent write fanfictions in ages. lmao. i'm stressed out because of my national exams. pls pray for me.