Chapter 6 : A Starry Night

"G-girlfriend?" you stuttered in disbelief.

You never thought he would have a girlfriend. Well of course it was expected since hes kind and everything but,, it was a bullet through your heart to find out about the shocking news. On top of that, she passed away.

" i-i'm sorry for the lost of your girlfriend .."

" It's fine. It's been two years. She was very special to me. She helped me through ups and downs and listened to my anxieties. Even in the darkest times, there is always a glimpse of hope. sometimes fear clouds our vision and our strength wears out . but when all seems lost, a light will illuminate in the sea of darkness. and we are being reminded that we are not alone. we never were. it's like how the stars exist in the dark raven sky. for me, she was my light in this dark world,"

Your body stiffened. Slowly, you shifted your gaze towards Suga. His eyes were still glassy but not a single teardrop could be seen. Then it hit you,, he must've went through hell to prevent these tears from falling. Just how much did he cry back then? Probably no amount of words can describe.

The cold wind buffeted your whole being as the both of you listened to the crickets play their own tunes. You knew that silent was sufficient. Of course there were alot of questions that you desperately wanted to ask . But you didn't know the right way to ask him without trampling on his feelings and tracking mud all over them.

After an eternity of silence, you began to voice out.

"What is her name?"

There was a moment of silence before he answered. He took a deep breath and replied,

" Hae Rin. Park Hae Rin."

Your eyes widened and your shoulders jolted.

"Eh? E-eh? EHH? She's k-korean????!! You can't be serious?!"

He chuckled and answered, " I am serious. Why would i lie?" He laughed once again.

"She was a transfer student and I was her first friend. From then on, we clicked along just fine. Surprisingly she could speak fluent Japanese. She was amazingly talented. She was such a dexterous pianist. When she performed,the light that shone upon her made her look like an angel. She had the most divine smile especially when playing.  It was like time stopped for that split moment—...."

He went on and on about her. The surrounding and his voice blurred as you stared at him. To you, he was the one who has the most divine smile. It was nice to see him smile again, but a little bittersweet. Your stomach churned unpleasantly. He was smiling not because of you , but because of his girlfriend. You were never the reason to his happiness.

"Hm? (Y/n), are you still there?" He waved his hand infront of your face.

"A-AH! Yes! I'm sorry. She really is a great person. I'm so happy that you have someone like her..."

The side of his lips curled up slightly.

" Had. I'm glad that i had her too,"

There was a lump on your throat. All that talking about Hae Rin made you want to bury yourself and never come out. Compared to her, you were obviously just some dirt and she was the beautiful flower.

"Well, LOOK AT THE TIME! It's getting late. I need to complete my homework too. Thank you for tonight!"

"No, thank you for staying," he smiled. You replied back with a grin and soon part ways.

————

Upon reaching your bedroom, you slumped on your bed and hugged your body-sized pillow of Usui, a fictional character from an anime called Maid-sama.

"Hngrhhhhhhhh," you screamed into the pillow while kicking your legs against the bed repeatedly.

"What is this? How is that supposed to make me feel? Now i feel like crap. I already know what lies ahead of me if i confess. But it isn't fair! I know him longer. I watched him grow to become a fine man and an excellent setter. But.........." your voice trailed off after realising you sound like a wicked bitch.

"I'm a bad person, aren't I, Usui-san? I'm practically using her just so i can talk to Suga longer. And now i'm getting all jealous. He isn't mine in the first place! But so what? He didn't have to rub her amazingness on my face. BUT... i don't know anymore. What is wrong with me,,"

All that talking didn't make you feel any better. It did make you feel like shit though.

"WHY AREN'T YOU REAL USUI-SAN?! TALK TO ME," you cried.

All of sudden you sat back up after the realisation dawned on you.

"Come to think of it, even usui-san has a girlfriend..." once again, you fell back onto your bed and wailed.

' oh dear prince, if you are out there somewhere, please come to me..'

You were ready to drift off to sleep when a call alarmed you. You jolted out from your bed and swiftly answered, in hopes of the caller being Suga.

"oi, monkey."

" H-huh? Kageyamaaaaaaaa ?!?"

____________________________________

hoi. i'm glad im motivated to write again. anyways, i've finally graduated and i'm moving on to the next phase of life! hohoho. i'm nervous but please pray for me AHAHHA.