♥every time i look at you, i fall in love again♥

Maggie climbed into the bed her and Alex shared, the mattress feeling unusually lonesome without Alex curled up next to her. Alex was in Metropolis with Kara for the week, and these days have felt the longest without Alex to cuddle with or kiss or even just to breathe with. Maggie had always felt herself try to steady her exhales with the rhythm of Alex's breathing, and the absence of her snores seemed to hit Maggie in the heart. 

She snuggles into Alex's pillow and tried to inhale her scent, the familiar musk of lavender shampoo reminding Maggie of everything she was missing. But the scent kept her heart from beating all the way out of her chest from the ache of missing her girlfriend. 

But Maggie's fantasies of holding Alex were interrupted by the vibration of her cell phone on the wood of her bedside table. Maggie rolled over and reached for her phone to see a text message from an anonymous person reading: come to the roof of the apartment building . 

Maggie glanced at the clock, and upon seeing it read 11:08, scooted out of bed, pulled on Alex's fleece pajama pants (they were too long, but Maggie didn't mind. When she was wearing them, she felt like she was home), and her leather jacket. She slid her gun into the inside pocket of her jacket just in case and slipped on her black boots. 

Maggie marched to the roof, and felt the rush of chilly night wind brush against her cheeks, and squinted across the cement landscape, searching for the person who had summoned her. A figure stood in the wind at the edge of the building and Maggie started to approach them, hand reaching for her weapon. But the person turned and the light of the moon caught their features, revealing Maggie's girlfriend. A smile spread like butter across Maggie's face, making her dimples emerge from hiding. 

"Danvers," Maggie practically squealed, hand retracting from her gun and reaching to embrace Alex. But before Maggie could show how much she missed her, Alex knelt down, balancing on one knee. Maggie's draw dropped. It felt like all the air had been stolen out of her. She couldn't move, much less talk.

"Maggie, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me." Alex began, her voice trembling. Maggie couldn't tell if it was from the brisk wind or nerves. It didn't matter much, but it was probably both. "You taught me to be who I am, and you made me who I am. When I'm with you, I feel complete. Because you're my other half. I've quite felt this way Maggie, and I love you. And I want to spend the rest of my life feeling like this. With you. So, Maggie Sawyer, will you be my wife?" 

Maggie, swiped at the tears threatening to spill down her cheeks. Her voice shook as she said it. "Yes." Maggie cried, running to hug her newly pronounced fiance. She felt Alex crying too, tears of absolute love and passion and joy. "Now Danvers. Have you gone soft on me?"

Alex chuckled and squeezed Maggie tighter, planting a delicate kiss under Maggie's chin. "Sawyer, you're the one that made me soft." Alex teased.

Maggie smiled widely as ever. "Don't worry Danvers. You've made me the softest person I know."